  • Microsoft
  • Customization
  • Windows XP
October 6, 2004 2:07:17 AM

What happened to "show related links" that used to be in
the "Tools" button? I can't find it! If I click on
customize tools to "add buttons" to my toolbar, it is not
available anymore. I love that tool!!!! Any help?

Thanks!!!!
Lickwid06

More about : show related tool

Anonymous
October 6, 2004 2:57:08 PM

Chris,

It's removed in SP2. To get back the functionality:

Download: http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/alexa.zip
Unzip, place "related.htm" into your "\WINDOWS\Web" folder
Right-click on "RestoreAlexa.reg", select: Merge, and reboot.

-or-

For Pre-SP2 systems, type regsvr32 /i shdocvw.dll in Start,Run to get the
extension back. If you're using Ad-aware, add the Related extension to
exclusion list.

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k