Need powersupply for build

kawnartyst

Honorable
Jun 11, 2012
Okay, one more quick question would be i'm going to be buying this over the next couple months starting with the case, psu and a few of the other components but my question is about the case and psu and my current system. Would it be safe to transfer the parts in my current box into that new one with the new psu. Build below.
Q6600
g33t-am motherboard
nvidia gt 8600
3gigs ram
dvd burner
5 in 1card reader
500gig harddrive

my main concern is the parts being on the 750W psu.

I don't understand what you're trying to do, a 650W PSu will be sufficient for this build and the new build, just make sure that it's a quality branded one from Corsair, Antec, Seasonic, Silverstone.........

A 750W will be more than sufficient.

D

Deleted member 217926

7850 Crossfire needs a recommended 575w power supply and that assumes a generic junk brand.

http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page362.htm

A quality 550-650w power supply is just fine and that includes adding as many drives as you want and overclocking.

Stick with Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ and Antec to be sure you get a quality unit.

You can't "overpower" a computer. The components will only draw the power they need. The only thing you hurt by going too big is your wallet.