January 3, 2012 9:34:51 PM

Windows 7 64-bit
Acer-X1800-MCP73T-AD Motherboard
Intel® Core™2 Quad processor
Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce® 7100 and nForce® 630i
PCI Express® 2.0 x16 graphics card support
PSU: Seasonic S12 II Bronze 520W
Add-on graphics card: Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6850

What happened was I added the new graphics card to the PCI slot and it was working perfectly fine. Overnight, my computer went to hibernate and when I turned it back on, there was no display on my monitor. I was able to unplug the VGA cord and connect to the mobo which had the integrated graphics and it would display something on the monitor. I was confused because it was working before and overnight it just stopped displaying something so I thought it had something to do with the graphics card. So today I went over to my friend's house and tried it on his desktop and it was able to work perfectly. I took my card and an extra card of his to test out my PCI.

Friend's Desktop:
LanParty NF4 board
2.5ghz AMD opteron dual core
2gb ram
PSU: Thermaltake TR2-470
Friend's card: Nvidia 6600GT

I installed his card and it worked fine, but when I installed the AMD Radeon HD 6850, it didn't display anything on the monitor.

Note:

I did disable my on board graphics in the device manager when I installed my new card and I have my Primary Video on PCI in the BIOS. With the new card being installed, it doesn't show up in my display adapters.
January 5, 2012 1:39:51 AM

Maesu said:
Windows 7 64-bit
Acer-X1800-MCP73T-AD Motherboard
Intel® Core™2 Quad processor
Integrated NVIDIA® GeForce® 7100 and nForce® 630i
PCI Express® 2.0 x16 graphics card support
PSU: Seasonic S12 II Bronze 520W
Add-on graphics card: Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 6850

What happened was I added the new graphics card to the PCI slot and it was working perfectly fine. Overnight, my computer went to hibernate and when I turned it back on, there was no display on my monitor. I was able to unplug the VGA cord and connect to the mobo which had the integrated graphics and it would display something on the monitor. I was confused because it was working before and overnight it just stopped displaying something so I thought it had something to do with the graphics card. So today I went over to my friend's house and tried it on his desktop and it was able to work perfectly. I took my card and an extra card of his to test out my PCI.

Friend's Desktop:
LanParty NF4 board
2.5ghz AMD opteron dual core
2gb ram
PSU: Thermaltake TR2-470
Friend's card: Nvidia 6600GT

I installed his card and it worked fine, but when I installed the AMD Radeon HD 6850, it didn't display anything on the monitor.

Note:

I did disable my on board graphics in the device manager when I installed my new card and I have my Primary Video on PCI in the BIOS. With the new card being installed, it doesn't show up in my display adapters.

m
l
January 5, 2012 1:45:45 AM

Try updating the graphics card.You can go to another computer and search the manufacturer's website for the latest driver for it then install it in your computer.After this enable it in the NIOS and see what happens.Reply what you get.
m
l
!