Sign in with
Your question

Graphic card not working

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 3, 2012 9:47:45 PM

I recently bought a new graphics card and psu for my computer. I got a cx500 corsair psu which
i installed and it worked no problem. Then when i try to install the new graphics card ( diamond radeon hd 6770) as soon as i plug the six pin power from psu to card , my computer wont turn on. The graphics card fan spins and the lights on mobo turn on but monitors are blank. When i restart the computer disconnecting the power from psu to card the computer turns on no problem. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated my next step i guess would be to try and return card. since i have no other computer to test the card on. Let me know if i missed any step and bear with me my comp. knowledge is limited thanks.

More about : graphic card working

a b U Graphics card
January 3, 2012 9:55:51 PM

Do you have another card or integrated graphics you can test in the same computer to confirm that it really is the card that is the problem?
January 3, 2012 10:08:32 PM

fb39ca4 said:
Do you have another card or integrated graphics you can test in the same computer to confirm that it really is the card that is the problem?

Have no other card, was running with mobo card before.
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
January 3, 2012 10:11:23 PM

Don't leave the card connected to the computer without the power to it it can fry your board.
January 3, 2012 10:18:54 PM

simon12 said:
Don't leave the card connected to the computer without the power to it it can fry your board.

k thanks disconnected it right now.
!