New Monitor?

Solution

Dell brand monitors made by other people

The 30 Inch IPS is great . If the 27 is the same quality then it is excellent too .

Possibly though neither is good for GAMING since they were tested with and showed significant lag

sempifi99

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Agreed, I have a m14x and had to replace the monitor twice and keyboard 3 times to get it defect free. But that is another story, lol.

sempifi99

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
I don't think scab companies like Dell really make any of the stuff they sell they just assemble other brand names like Intel ect and slap there own name on the front of there crappy proprietary made case ans call it there own. The only thing Dell I would buy is there Monitors.

The thing I like most about dell is their customer service, at least while you are within the warranty period... One day out and the story changes quickly.

Dell brand monitors made by other people

The 30 Inch IPS is great . If the 27 is the same quality then it is excellent too .

Possibly though neither is good for GAMING since they were tested with and showed significant lag

Solution

sempifi99

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010

Would you happen to know a monitor with high resolution that is good for gaming then, since that is a high priority for me.

I think you probably dont need a higher resolution than 1080p for gaming .
Higher resolutions will lower fps , or you will have to lower detail settings [ which would make higher resolution pointless ]

These are your options when I search for that resolution on Newegg
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007617+600012694&QksAutoSuggestion=&ShowDeactivatedMark=False&Configurator=&IsNodeId=1&Subcategory=20&description=&hisInDesc=&Ntk=&CFG=&SpeTabStoreType=&AdvancedSearch=1&srchInDesc=

sempifi99

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
So I did a little looking and found the ZR2740w for $720 on the HP website. The dell was rated around 30ms of input lag where the HP was only around 10 because of the lack of an internal scaler. Which will not be a problem since I will only be using native resolution anyways. So I am officially going with the HP ZR2740w. Thanks for the help everyone.

sempifi99

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2010
Just to post an update, I have had the HP ZR2740w for a few days now and it works great, not a problem. Colors are beautiful and the back lighting is evenly spread, no bleading at all. The only trouble is that when the usb hub on the monitor is plugged into the motherboard my webcam, also plugged into the motherboard, stopes working. But the hub works perfectly, its just dissagrees with my webcam. I don't need the usb hub on the monitor though, so it is not a problem for me. FYI: the webcam is a Logitec Orbit AF.

But its a great monitor at a great price, 9 of 10 for sure.