Sign in with
Your question

1000-1500$ Gaming PC

Last response: in Systems
March 7, 2012 7:19:08 AM

Hello I am relatively new to this site and have never used the forums but have found the information from articles quite interesting and helpful. I am looking to purchase a new PC in the near future and don't really know what the best route is. I've done quite a bit of research on here and other sites as far as what the best parts would be. I've never built a computer before but I am open to the idea. I really just want the most for my money so I take it that's probably what you guys will suggest. I have however seen some excellent deals at times from places like IBuyPower. I know the general consensus though is that prebuilt systems are overpriced and you get cheap parts and you get stuff you don't necessarily need. I've noticed IBP has good customization options though and lets you change things such as the garbage standard power supply to a couple quality choices. I don't see any great deals there now but a couple weeks ago there was one I swear was 50$ less than the cheapest parts I could find individually.

I am looking to see how the battle between AMD and Nvidia shapes up, along with the release of ivy bridge before I purchase.

Approximate Purchase Date: (~Middle of May)

Budget Range: 1000-1500
System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, STREAMING, Movies

Parts Not Required: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, RAM
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: Newegg/Amazon or other reputable sites.

Parts Preferences: NA

Overclocking: Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

I already have 16 gb of Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM so consider that. I've never overclocked and don't really know anything about it but am open to trying. I am a big gamer and I am not really all that concerned about individual gaming performance I just want a well rounded system. I am also going to be streaming so I want to make sure I get the best processor for that. I've of course heard the 2500k is the best processor for gaming and I hope its not necessary to go with an i7 for streaming but I do know that streaming is extremely CPU dependent.

Let me know your guys' thoughts. Thanks!

More about : 1000 1500 gaming

March 7, 2012 8:50:42 AM

if you are going to buy in may(middle) then plz post on 1st may.hopefully newer parts will be out and current prices will drop :) 
m
l
!