Freeware for making passwords to folders!

Are there anyone who knows of a freeware-program which you could make
passwords to folders, -"My Documents" i.e
T-bone
4 answers Last reply
More about freeware making passwords folders

    Windows XP does not have the capability to password-protect
    an individual folder. Instead, see the following:

    HOW TO: Set the My Documents Folder as "Private" in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298399&Product=winxp

    You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307286&Product=winxp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

    "T-bone" wrote:

    | Are there anyone who knows of a freeware-program which you could make
    | passwords to folders, -"My Documents" i.e
    | --
    | T-bone

    Thank`s a lot! I will check it out!

    På Wed, 6 Oct 2004 07:47:28 -0500, skrev Carey Frisch [MVP]
    <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com>:

    > Windows XP does not have the capability to password-protect
    > an individual folder. Instead, see the following:
    >
    > HOW TO: Set the My Documents Folder as "Private" in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298399&Product=winxp
    >
    > You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307286&Product=winxp

    Thor

    <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com>:

    > Windows XP does not have the capability to password-protect
    > an individual folder. Instead, see the following:
    >
    > HOW TO: Set the My Documents Folder as "Private" in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298399&Product=winxp
    >
    > You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307286&Product=winxp

    Sorry but that does`nt work for me since my XP has the FAT-file system due
    to performans issue.
    I use to have TweakXP Pro 2.011, which had that ability to password
    protect folders, but there seem to be some error with it since I get an
    service-loading error when I try to start it (I have paid for it), and the
    software maker does`nt support that version anylonger.

    So some other idea would be much preasiated!!

    T-bone

    T-bone wrote:
    > På Wed, 6 Oct 2004 07:47:28 -0500, skrev Carey Frisch [MVP]
    > <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com>:
    >
    >> Windows XP does not have the capability to password-protect
    >> an individual folder. Instead, see the following:
    >>
    >> HOW TO: Set the My Documents Folder as "Private" in Windows XP
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298399&Product=winxp
    >>
    >> You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307286&Product=winxp
    >>

    > Sorry but that does`nt work for me since my XP has the FAT-file
    > system due to performans issue.
    > I use to have TweakXP Pro 2.011, which had that ability to password
    > protect folders, but there seem to be some error with it since I get
    > an service-loading error when I try to start it (I have paid for it),
    > and the software maker does`nt support that version anylonger.
    >
    > So some other idea would be much preasiated!!
    >
    > --

    Take a look at Magic Folders:
    http://www.padring.com/soft/Utilities/Security/MagicFoldersXP.html
    I've never used it & am not entirely certain it will work with FAT. I'm sure
    there are other Shareware apps that will work but probably not for free.
    Regards

Configuration Freeware My Documents Microsoft Customization Windows XP