Freeware for making passwords to folders!

October 6, 2004 6:37:11 PM

Are there anyone who knows of a freeware-program which you could make
passwords to folders, -"My Documents" i.e
T-bone
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 6:37:12 PM

Windows XP does not have the capability to password-protect
an individual folder. Instead, see the following:

HOW TO: Set the My Documents Folder as "Private" in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298399&Product=winxp

You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307286&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"T-bone" wrote:

| Are there anyone who knows of a freeware-program which you could make
| passwords to folders, -"My Documents" i.e
| --
| T-bone
October 6, 2004 7:09:30 PM

Thank`s a lot! I will check it out!

På Wed, 6 Oct 2004 07:47:28 -0500, skrev Carey Frisch [MVP]
<cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com>:

> Windows XP does not have the capability to password-protect
> an individual folder. Instead, see the following:
>
> HOW TO: Set the My Documents Folder as "Private" in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298399&Product=winxp
>
> You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307286&Product=winxp

Thor
Related resources
October 6, 2004 7:20:28 PM

<cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com>:

> Windows XP does not have the capability to password-protect
> an individual folder. Instead, see the following:
>
> HOW TO: Set the My Documents Folder as "Private" in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298399&Product=winxp
>
> You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307286&Product=winxp

Sorry but that does`nt work for me since my XP has the FAT-file system due
to performans issue.
I use to have TweakXP Pro 2.011, which had that ability to password
protect folders, but there seem to be some error with it since I get an
service-loading error when I try to start it (I have paid for it), and the
software maker does`nt support that version anylonger.

So some other idea would be much preasiated!!

T-bone
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 4:15:21 AM

T-bone wrote:
> På Wed, 6 Oct 2004 07:47:28 -0500, skrev Carey Frisch [MVP]
> <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com>:
>
>> Windows XP does not have the capability to password-protect
>> an individual folder. Instead, see the following:
>>
>> HOW TO: Set the My Documents Folder as "Private" in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298399&Product=winxp
>>
>> You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307286&Product=winxp
>>

> Sorry but that does`nt work for me since my XP has the FAT-file
> system due to performans issue.
> I use to have TweakXP Pro 2.011, which had that ability to password
> protect folders, but there seem to be some error with it since I get
> an service-loading error when I try to start it (I have paid for it),
> and the software maker does`nt support that version anylonger.
>
> So some other idea would be much preasiated!!
>
> --

Take a look at Magic Folders:
http://www.padring.com/soft/Utilities/Security/MagicFol...
I've never used it & am not entirely certain it will work with FAT. I'm sure
there are other Shareware apps that will work but probably not for free.
Regards
!