Who to buy black compatible Epson ink from - UK.

Last response: in Digital Camera
June 5, 2005 12:33:31 AM

Today I bought an Epson C86 because it has the 'use black ink only'
function. I intend to use compatibles not originals - any recommendations
from people in the UK?

John
June 5, 2005 3:18:22 AM

"eatmorepies" <jan9mung9mun9day@lineone.net> wrote in message
> Today I bought an Epson C86 because it has the 'use black ink only'
> function. I intend to use compatibles not originals - any recommendations
> from people in the UK?
>
> John

www.7dayshop.com

I've found their cartridges excellent, and far, far cheaper than epson!
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 3:40:31 AM

www.choicestationary.com

"eatmorepies" <jan9mung9mun9day@lineone.net> wrote in message
> Today I bought an Epson C86 because it has the 'use black ink only'
> function. I intend to use compatibles not originals - any recommendations
> from people in the UK?
>
> John

June 5, 2005 4:24:52 AM

"Alan" <alz_deane@ntlworld.nospam.com> wrote in message news:kul9n2-v3a.ln1@mercury.tcm.vispa.net.uk...

> "eatmorepies" <jan9mung9mun9day@lineone.net> wrote in message
> > Today I bought an Epson C86 because it has the 'use black ink only'
> > function. I intend to use compatibles not originals - any recommendations
> > from people in the UK?
> >
> > John
> >

> www.7dayshop.com
>
> I've found their cartridges excellent, and far, far cheaper than epson!

I buy my HP carts and ink from - Inkcycle. www.inkcycle.co.uk.
I checked the above with my last HP invoice and their prices are
much lower than the above. Service is excellent.
John.
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 8:25:24 PM

In article <42a2020f_1@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com>,
"eatmorepies" <jan9mung9mun9day@lineone.net> wrote:

> Today I bought an Epson C86 because it has the 'use black ink only'
> function. I intend to use compatibles not originals - any recommendations
> from people in the UK?

It's a sad fact that Epson is copying an idea from Hollywood (DVD region
codes) by charging what the market will stand in various parts of the
world. Here in Japan, 1000 yen ($9 or £6) is the cutoff point. Above
that, consumers will avoid printers that require more expensive carts.
However the Epson Stylus 950 is exactly the same as the one in Japan
marketed at the Coloria PM-950C. Ink carts are physically the same but
the small processor which keeps an eye on the ink level is different
meaning that you can't use Japanese carts in a UK printer. Generic inks
are available here for about £2 less than the £6 ceiling.

Printer ink is by far, the most expensive consumer substance on the
planet.
!