Sign in with
Your question

Sabertooth 990fx booting problem

Last response: in Components
June 22, 2012 9:01:37 AM

I recently purchased a Asus Sabertooth 990fx, for support for 16GB memory. I first installed the standard oem cpu fan, because i couldn't figure out how to install my 212 evo on that motherboard. but when i took out the motherboard and did, i get a red cpu led light, before the computer just shuts off. the computer does turn on if I use "MEMok" but not with optimal RAM settings, but even that has stopped working now :(  Help is appreciated :D 
June 22, 2012 11:44:14 AM

how do i clear CMOS? can I just reset the settings in BIOS? and btw, the computer works if I boot with MEMok, but normalt startup isnt possible.
June 22, 2012 11:51:51 AM

You could take out the cmos battery and put it back in again, but if your mobo incorparates a dual bios or other bios factory setting then use that first
Related resources
June 22, 2012 11:53:31 AM

if it posting make sure you go into the bios and use the bios update tools. there a few patches for cpu code and ram for asus boards that are out.
June 22, 2012 11:54:57 AM

but thats the problem, it wont post, the fans just starts spinning, and then nothing. it just turns itself off. I am going to return it and get a new one.
June 22, 2012 1:20:58 PM

most times if the board was working then it stops you shorted it out on a stand off or a screw or the i\o shield. try taking it out of the case and breadboard it. also if you put the 212 on check that your not shorting the back of the mb out or the heat sink to the case.
!