1000 dollar built.

Lunixed

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
Hello, I'm Oscar.
Please forgive me if this is on the wrong section.

Well first off, I'm 16 and for the longest time I have been wanting to built a computer. At first I was thinking a AMD built since they are affordable and have the most bang for the buck, however I had a budget change and now thanks to my wonderful parents I can spend up to 1000 (Graduation gift). I want to buy a built that will last me many years, at first I was thinking a i5 2500k, but since I can afford the 2600k and it has hyper threading ( I have been teaching myself Cinema 4D and after Effects) I figured why not?

So, if you can answer my questions please do, and check on my parts please.

23kypli.png

The built come to 970 dollars.

not from the usa so not familiar with the prices there

but think you might be able to improve a bit by getting a better motherboard--like a z68 chipset

and a better graphics card 560ti or amd equivalent

and still be on budget

one of the usa members will probably come along and help you out more than i can

Lunixed

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

Also, should I change the processor with a i5? I don't think I would fully use the i7 to its full power. Thank you for your help btw.

That part is totally up to you. You have the money for it, it looks like, so I don't see why not. The only reason really would be to be able to get a better GPU (like the one I listed originally).

The i5 will be just fine for C4D and AE, but the 2600K would just be better. It just depends on how much that means to you.

Lunixed

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

Good reply :D , also it seems the card you listed above has a high failure rate, are you sure this a good GPU?

Well, I KNOW the second one I listed is good because I have that same card (the 560 OC). It's great and a great little OC'er because of the cooler it has.

The 560 Ti TOP should be around the same, quality wise. Every manufacturer has their fair share of DOA components, but it's always the ones that fail or are DOA that get the most attention, lol.

Lunixed

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
Ok, so I added some combos and well it comes to this. Tell me if I should change anything.

2cdcrvt.png

Also the case has 2 front panel USB 3.0, but the mobo does not support it, how can I make use of the 3.0?

It has internal headers for 2 USB 3.0 ports. :)

Internal I/O Connectors

Onboard USB 2 x USB 3.0 + 6 x USB 2.0

And that build looks very nice! Same CPU, GPU, and HDD as I have.

Lunixed

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

Thank you, question why was the GPU I picked out before bad?

Just kind of a mismatch between CPU and GPU. Not "bad" really (pretty good for it's price, actually), just not up to the standards of the CPU. It would have ended up bottle necking the CPU in games (same goes for the 2500K).

Lunixed

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

Also, if this isn't too much of a problem, can you double check the mobo? there seem to be stability issues with it (Bios) most of the reviews say so. How do I make you the best answer and close the thread? btw

If you're reading that from the Newegg reviews, a lot of people that post reviews there aren't really as tech savvy as they like to think they are, lol. Anyway, I've seen that board and it big brother, the Extreme6, recommended by many people that I trust, so I feel confident that it's a good, stable board.

For B.A., there should be an option under any of the replies to choose one as the B.A. Not positive how it looks though because I've never actually opened a question thread to select a B.A. for, lol.