Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Cyberpower build opinions

Last response: in Systems
March 7, 2012 3:40:11 PM

Hi I'm looking to purchase a gaming computer from cyberpower.

-I will be playing games like battlefield 3, skyrim, Crysis 2 on 1920 x 1080 res.

-I plan to overclock my cpu. (Not extremely but slightly)

-In the future, I plan to upgrade.

If anyone sees any flaws or has a better suggestion, please let me know.

Here's my build.

Case: * Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Full Tower Gaming Case W/ Side Panel Window

Laser Engraving: None

Freebies: None

Internal USB Extension Module: None

Neon Light Upgrade: None

Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans

Noise Reduction Technology: None

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-2600K 3.40 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)

Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel: None

Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking

Cooling Fan: CoolIT ECO II-240 Extreme Performance Liquid Cooling System 240MM Radiator & Dual Fans

Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant

Motherboard: * [CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 ATX MB w/ Lucid Virtu + Intel Smart Response Technology & 7.1 Dolby Home Theater Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, 2x SATA-III RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 3 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)

Intel Smart Response Technology for Z68: None

Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance)

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 1.2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (* EVGA Superclocked)

Freebies: FREE Game Coupon Batman: Arkham City

Video Card 2: None

Video Card 3: None

Power Supply Upgrade: * 850 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready

Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

Data Hard Drive: None

Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None

External Hard Drive (USB3.0/2.0/eSATA): None

USB Flash Drive: None

Optical Drive: LG UH12LS28K 12X Blu-Ray Player & DVDRW Combo Drive (BLACK COLOR)

Optical Drive 2: None

Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)

Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)

This build came to $1369. Price wise, I don't plan to go any higher.
Any bottleneck effects? Flaws? Suggestions? Let me know. Thanks!

Best solution

March 15, 2012 5:38:01 PM

first of all, downgrade that i7 to an i5 - 2500k. i7 is more for video editing and you will see no real improvement over the i5 for gaming. The money you save i would upgrade the mobo to an ASRock extrem4 gen3.

everything else looks great. i would do the MAXIMUM DEFAULT CASE FANS for it for [+9]. Personally, i'm not a fan of water cooling... seems like more trouble than its worth. but thats not my forte`. i swapped that out and put a Thermaltake FRIO in there, with Push-pull fans.
March 16, 2012 3:26:34 PM

I took your advice and switched the mobo to ASRock extreme4 gen3.

As for the cooling, I think I'm going to stick with the water cooling.
But the sales have changed and now they have the Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling CPU Fan for free.
If I get this option instead of the CoolIT ECO II-240, I get to save $27.
Is it worth it? As I mentioned it in my original posting, I do plan to overclock.
If there is a huge difference in the performance, then I'll just stick with the CoolIT ECO.
But, if there isn't that much of a difference, then I would like to take it out, get the Corsair and use the $27 on something else.
I know you mentioned that water cooling is not your forte, but since I'm a REAL noob in this field, I'm sure you know more than me.

Thanks for the reply!
m
l
Related resources
March 16, 2012 8:04:40 PM

I don't know much about liquid cooling so I can't really help you there. But i'm going to have to stress that the i7 is wasting money. unless youre video editing or doing high end graphics, youre tossing your money down the drain. For gaming the i5 -2550K is the best bang for the buck.

And for $9 get the fans for the case...
m
l
March 17, 2012 6:22:44 PM

Got the case fans for $9 and for the cpu, I just stuck with the 2700k.
Thanks for your reply and your help!
m
l
March 17, 2012 6:23:13 PM

Best answer selected by Redbull25.
m
l
March 22, 2012 4:57:24 PM

Let me know how it goes with the liquid cooling. i always wanted to try it but never bit the bullet.

ENJOY!
m
l
!