2000euro Workstation for 3Drendering and Fx simulation

mulafraga

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
Hi guys I need help on what to buy for this new workstation Im planning on building. There's a lot of components I don't need such monitors and other periferals, and I got Hardrives a plenty as well. So i just need the all the other elements to build a pc from ground up. My budget would be at maximum 3000 euros, but that's already pushing my wallet a bit too far. Ideally I'd like to spend around 2000. Some things I'd like to have in specific is 24Gigs of Ram, 2 Processors (either Xeon or Opteron, knowing that the more cores the better it should be for the type of stuff I need to do such as fluid simulations using houdini 3dsmax fumefx), and for graphics im planning on getting a GTX680 or GTX690(prolly some custom edition with more ram).

Approximate Purchase Date: the next two months.

Budget Range: 2000ish euros

System Usage from Most to Least Important: CG Rendering and FX simulation workstation as well for 3d modeling.

Parts Not Required:keyboard, monitors, harddrive.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: dunno

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (e.g.: I would like to use an AMD CPU & Biostar mobo with a 24" LCD and full tower case)

Overclocking: no

SLI or Crossfire: Yes / No / Maybe

Monitor Resolution: i got two planned for this workstation which i already have in fact. one runs at full hd(32inch FullHD tV), while the other one runs at 1600x1200 (cintiq21UX)

Additional Comments: (e.g.: Need to have a window and lots of bling, I would like a quiet PC)

g-unit1111

Titan
Additional Comments: (e.g.: Need to have a window and lots of bling, I would like a quiet PC)

I don't recommend a PC with lots of "bling" - as most of the case manufacturers who build these in mind are the crap manufacturers like Apevia, Raidmax, Xion, Xclio, and so on - and I wouldn't touch most of those with a 10 foot pole.

If there's a store you buy from - knowing local availability would help to solidify prices and things of that nature. I can't exactly post links to Newegg as the prices will be very different in Portugal. :lol:

mulafraga

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
hey thanks for the fast reply! actually about that bling and quiet thing, that's actually a mistake on my behalf as i was copying and pastiing tom's hardware post guidelines and forgot to erase that line :wahoo:

g-unit1111

Titan

No problem - it happens. :lol:

But if you could suggest a store, that would help greatly - I can't exactly recommend something and then not have it available, that would be kind of hard to do.

mulafraga

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
yeah dunno about any store, in portugal i dont think most stores sell some of the components i might need(for instance the mobo that supports dual processors). so im guessing most of the stuff i will have to buy online, somewhere in europe(as usa is kind out of the question due to import duties).

g-unit1111

Titan

That doesn't really help me - I tried using Google to locate a suitable vendor but couldn't find anything. Maybe if someone else on the forum would know something that would help.

TRENDING THREADS