Sound/stutter/static Issues

taxicrab

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Hey community,

I didn't really know where to post this because I really have no idea what's going on.

A couple of months ago, I started experiencing some really intense stuttering/static with my G35 headset. The stuttering effected everything (video, audio, mouse/keyboard input), and would happen during any activity, though more commonly during video games/higher activity. I google'd issues with the G35 and saw a lot of people with similar complaints, mostly unresolved, so I got a new headset, Turtle Beach PX21.

It seemed to be working much better, until I started experiencing popping with it as well. Not the intense stuttering and megabursts of static from the G35, but still obviously there's an issue.

Around a month ago I started playing around in Unreal Dev Kit. While using the G35 I had no issues specific to UDK, just the stutter. When I switched to the PX21, however, I lost the ability to hear sound when I played scenes within the editor. If I launch the scenes fully, the sound works, but playing in the editor results in a loud pop followed by silence. I also can't preview any sound files in the editor.

I unplugged my headset and, using only my old USB desk speakers and experienced the same thing. Reinstalled UDK and it worked for a few hours, then the problem recurred.

I've also experienced one total freeze and one blue screen plugging in/unplugging the PX21.

In summary, I don't know where the main issue lies. Many of the symptoms seem to overlap, and google results are pointing fingers all over the place.

If I need to xpost this to another section, let me know.

Thanks guys

taxicrab

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
Just tried it. Haven't had them in long enough to comment on popping/static, it can be pretty random.

UDK is experiencing the same issue. Sound works in the editor, then when I try to load the scene in the editor, a pop, then sound is broken.