hide desktop.ini in shortcut folder

xp-pro-classic interface-show all files checked

I created 4 folders on the desktop, 1 has short cuts to games, the other
3 have shortcuts, to various files, mine and wife's patient files and
office docs. 2 have a desktop.ini files, and the other 2 do not. I do
not know why. How do I hide the .ini file in the 2 that do. The
properties tab of the .ini files shows "hidden" checked and grayed out,
I assume it is not since I have the show all files also checked. But
how did I get the 2 sc's w/o the .ini file, and the 2 with it, and how
do I get or hide the .ini file in those 2. If I delete it, they just
come back.

Thanks Bob
1 answer Last reply
More about hide desktop shortcut folder

    If the folders are customized, i.e. Custom Icons, folders will have a
    Desktop.ini file. If not customized, they won't have a Desktop.ini file. I
    don't believe you can hide any Desktop.ini files if you have ? Show hidden
    files and folders checked.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:10m80a8c28s6id0@corp.supernews.com,
    B&P <carpencp@seanet.com> hunted and pecked:
    > xp-pro-classic interface-show all files checked
    >
    > I created 4 folders on the desktop, 1 has short cuts to games, the
    > other 3 have shortcuts, to various files, mine and wife's patient
    > files and office docs. 2 have a desktop.ini files, and the other 2
    > do not. I do not know why. How do I hide the .ini file in the 2
    > that do. The properties tab of the .ini files shows "hidden" checked
    > and grayed out, I assume it is not since I have the show all files
    > also checked. But how did I get the 2 sc's w/o the .ini file, and
    > the 2 with it, and how do I get or hide the .ini file in those 2. If
    > I delete it, they just come back.
    >
    > Thanks Bob

Configuration Desktop.Ini Windows XP