hide desktop.ini in shortcut folder

October 6, 2004 11:29:34 AM

xp-pro-classic interface-show all files checked

I created 4 folders on the desktop, 1 has short cuts to games, the other
3 have shortcuts, to various files, mine and wife's patient files and
office docs. 2 have a desktop.ini files, and the other 2 do not. I do
not know why. How do I hide the .ini file in the 2 that do. The
properties tab of the .ini files shows "hidden" checked and grayed out,
I assume it is not since I have the show all files also checked. But
how did I get the 2 sc's w/o the .ini file, and the 2 with it, and how
do I get or hide the .ini file in those 2. If I delete it, they just
come back.

Thanks Bob

More about : hide desktop ini shortcut folder

Anonymous
October 6, 2004 10:46:47 PM

If the folders are customized, i.e. Custom Icons, folders will have a
Desktop.ini file. If not customized, they won't have a Desktop.ini file. I
don't believe you can hide any Desktop.ini files if you have ? Show hidden
files and folders checked.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes