steven37920

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
I recently replaced the mother board and everything hooks up fine but when powered I get the message system halted. alert incompatible processor issue. Any Ideas or thoughts on the matter. now this is a replacement and not an upgrade.

steven37920

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012

I have actually found the newer version of the bios but I am unable to move past this alert. I have tried to boot by disk and update from my flash but no luck yet.

bucknutty

Distinguished
you may have to swap out your cpu with an older one to do the flash.

About 4 years ago i got a nforce 650i board. I tried to put a wolfdale core2duo 3.0 in it, and all i would get is a blinking cursor. The only way i was able to fix it was to borrow an old p4 cpu, pop it in then it started normally, I was able to flash the bios, then put my core2 back in.

steven37920

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012

thanks for the info. on the search for an older one.

Nobody could possibly answer your question you failed to even mention what mobo and cpu...... :hello:

steven37920

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012

the mobo and cpu are irrelevant. it was a replacement mobo just an earlier one. I was looking for exactly what was provided by the first response. But thank you for your Irrelevant rant.

bucknutty

Distinguished
Some times the mobo vendors take the time to document what CPUs work on what bios revision. So it might be a good idea to look if there are release notes for the bios updates for your board to see if there is any notation about if they added new cpu support.

It might also be a good idea to google moboname cpu compatibility. The answer might have already been posted about somewhere.