How do you carry your other SIMs?

Tags:
Last response: in Technologies
August 11, 2005 4:47:01 PM

The ones that aren't in the phone? Are there special SIM cases? Do you use
a plastic bag? I'm interested in how you protect your SIM cards and keep
them from getting lost, especially when traveling.

Thanks.

- ESJ

More about : carry sims

Anonymous
August 11, 2005 5:58:42 PM

In article <9NHKe.66229$yC5.8151@tornado.ohiordc.rr.com>,
E Jones <earl_jonesx@usax.net> wrote:
>The ones that aren't in the phone? Are there special SIM cases? Do you use
>a plastic bag? I'm interested in how you protect your SIM cards and keep
>them from getting lost, especially when traveling.

I use one of those little fabric holders used to carry flash memory cards,
sold as an accessory for digital cameras.
August 12, 2005 12:32:34 AM

I only carry one other and it fits under the battery cover next to the
installed sim on my P800 - very quick to slide one out and the other in!
August 12, 2005 1:00:33 AM

"E Jones" <earl_jonesx@usax.net> wrote in message
> The ones that aren't in the phone? Are there special SIM cases? Do you
use
> a plastic bag? I'm interested in how you protect your SIM cards and keep
> them from getting lost, especially when traveling.

1. There are special cases that are about the size of a credit card and hold
6 SIMs. I used to have the URL but it's a firm in the Czech Republic and I
have not seen an outlet for them in the US.

2. ITMT, I use one of those little plastic boxes that the Listerine strips
come in.

--
Donald Newcomb
DRNewcomb (at) attglobal (dot) net

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:47:01 GMT, "E Jones" <earl_jonesx@usax.net>
wrote:

>The ones that aren't in the phone? Are there special SIM cases? Do you use
>a plastic bag? I'm interested in how you protect your SIM cards and keep
>them from getting lost, especially when traveling.

I've used those breath control cases. It keeps your SIMs minty fresh
:)

- -
Anonymous
August 12, 2005 7:21:49 PM

wrote:

>The ones that aren't in the phone? Are there special SIM cases? Do you use
>a plastic bag? I'm interested in how you protect your SIM cards and keep
>them from getting lost, especially when traveling.

I push the SIM back into the original credit card sized carrier that
it came in. I then have a small credit card wallet which I use to
carry those in, together with my other credit and ATM cards.

Chris
August 13, 2005 9:22:05 PM

"E Jones" <earl_jonesx@usax.net> wrote in message
> The ones that aren't in the phone? Are there special SIM cases? Do you
> use
> a plastic bag? I'm interested in how you protect your SIM cards and keep
> them from getting lost, especially when traveling.
>
> Thanks.
>
> - ESJ

How about a product designed to what you want:

http://www.oreopraha.com/en/index.html

I got one free when I bought some SIMs for African travel; through telestial
August 13, 2005 9:23:15 PM

"E Jones" <earl_jonesx@usax.net> wrote in message
> The ones that aren't in the phone? Are there special SIM cases? Do you
> use
> a plastic bag? I'm interested in how you protect your SIM cards and keep
> them from getting lost, especially when traveling.
>
> Thanks.
>
> - ESJ

How about a product designed to what you want:

http://www.oreopraha.com/en/index.html

I got one free when I bought some SIMs for African travel; through Telestial
Anonymous
August 13, 2005 10:51:07 PM

In message <11ft3nj4vnq552e@corp.supernews.com> "CS"
<nospamplease@dslextreme.com> wrote:

>"E Jones" <earl_jonesx@usax.net> wrote in message
>> The ones that aren't in the phone? Are there special SIM cases? Do you
>> use
>> a plastic bag? I'm interested in how you protect your SIM cards and keep
>> them from getting lost, especially when traveling.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> - ESJ
>>

>How about a product designed to what you want:
>
>http://www.oreopraha.com/en/index.html
>
>I got one free when I bought some SIMs for African travel; through Telestial

Anybody know where to get one? As much as I'd love 1000 or more...

--
"NEWS SERVERS ARE NOT POWER BY HAMSTERS"
-- rfgdxm/Robert F. Golaszewski

E Jones wrote:
> The ones that aren't in the phone? Are there special SIM cases? Do you use
> a plastic bag? I'm interested in how you protect your SIM cards and keep
> them from getting lost, especially when traveling.
>
> Thanks.
>
> - ESJ

When I had a second SIM card for a while I used to sit it between the
battery and the outer casing of the phone.

--
The views I present are my own and NOT of any organisation I belong to.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.
http://www.aca.gov.au/pls/radcom/client_search.client_l...
VoIP http://www.TALKonIP.com.au/
Domain Hosting http://www.GizNet.com/
August 15, 2005 6:52:11 PM

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:20:06 +0800, Chris Blunt
<chris_blunt@despammed.com> wrote:

<- clip ->

>>> It seems you can order just one from their web site at the price of
>>> CZK16,39 each.

>>That's about 70 cents USD, I think.

>I make it about 21 cents.

I very much depends on which kind of cents you are refering to.

If it's USD, it's about $0,70

--
====================================== phone pages
http://borgus.net ---- http://osbymikro.tk

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:52:11 GMT, borje@gmx.net (BG) wrote:

>On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:20:06 +0800, Chris Blunt
><chris_blunt@despammed.com> wrote:
>
><- clip ->

>>>That's about 70 cents USD, I think.
>
>>I make it about 21 cents.
>
>I very much depends on which kind of cents you are refering to.
>
>If it's USD, it's about $0,70

So it is. I was looking at the wrong currency.

Chris
August 16, 2005 3:14:04 AM

"Chris Blunt" <chris_blunt@despammed.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:52:11 GMT, borje@gmx.net (BG) wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:20:06 +0800, Chris Blunt
>><chris_blunt@despammed.com> wrote:
>>
>><- clip ->

>>>I make it about 21 cents.
>>
>>I very much depends on which kind of cents you are refering to.
>>
>>If it's USD, it's about $0,70
>
> So it is. I was looking at the wrong currency.
>
> Chris

In what currency is it 21 cents?

!