Cannot sort the start menu

I had the option when i clicked on programs in the start
menu to right click inside the menu and choose sort by
name. Then yesterday I changed from the regular start
menu to the classic to remember what it looked like. Now
after I switched back to the regular start menu I cannot
sort by name anymore and the taskbar comes up and the
start menu blinks. HELP
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot sort start menu

    "Maryann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I had the option when i clicked on programs in the start
    >menu to right click inside the menu and choose sort by
    >name. Then yesterday I changed from the regular start
    >menu to the classic to remember what it looked like. Now
    >after I switched back to the regular start menu I cannot
    >sort by name anymore and the taskbar comes up and the
    >start menu blinks. HELP

    See "How to Restore the Operating System to a Previous State in
    Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306084).

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Start Menu Microsoft Customization Windows XP