Driveletters in XP?

Hi out there!

Is it possible to change the driveletters for the disks in XP pro SP1
?

For the moment, I am booting XP on drive I: .
Yes, I am having windows98se on drive C: and D:

Any ideas ??

/Bertil
2 answers Last reply
More about driveletters

    Yes, it's possible, but not a good idea to change the drive letters where
    the operating systems reside.
    Under Control Panel>Performance and Maintenance>Administrative
    Tools>Computer Management open Disk Management; you can change the drive
    letter of any drive on the system. Again, it will cause problems on any
    drive you installed an operating system on.

    "Bertil Lindstrom" <berra.lindstrom@telia.com> wrote in message
    > Hi out there!
    >
    > Is it possible to change the driveletters for the disks in XP pro SP1
    > ?
    >
    > For the moment, I am booting XP on drive I: .
    > Yes, I am having windows98se on drive C: and D:
    >
    > Any ideas ??
    >
    > /Bertil

    Thanks Larry.

    Yes I will be very careful and of course take all precausions before
    trying!

    /Bertil

    On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 07:01:10 -0600, "Larry CJ" <lcjorda@wcox.com>
    wrote:

    >Yes, it's possible, but not a good idea to change the drive letters where
    >the operating systems reside.
    >Under Control Panel>Performance and Maintenance>Administrative
    >Tools>Computer Management open Disk Management; you can change the drive
    >letter of any drive on the system. Again, it will cause problems on any
    >drive you installed an operating system on.
    >
    >"Bertil Lindstrom" <berra.lindstrom@telia.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi out there!
    >>
    >> Is it possible to change the driveletters for the disks in XP pro SP1
    >> ?
    >>
    >> For the moment, I am booting XP on drive I: .
    >> Yes, I am having windows98se on drive C: and D:
    >>
    >> Any ideas ??
    >>
    >> /Bertil

Configuration Customization Windows XP