Solved

Please recommend a psu

Hi, I am getting a new rig, could someone please recommend some power supply model numbers/ wattage to me from this list: corsair (tx750 bronze, hx650 silver, hx750 silver, hx850 silver, ax750 gold), cooler master (extreme power plus 650, silent pro 850w, silent pro 1000w) or seasonic (x-750, x-650)?

The specs are:
i7 3730k(no overclocking for the time being, i will change the psu when i am going to oc)
Kingston Hyperx Genesis 16 gb ddr3 1600
Kingston Hyperx 3k 240 gb
500 gb hdd 7200 rpm
dz77sl50k motherboard
galaxy nvidia gtx 670
dvd writer


thanks
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about please recommend
  1. a 450w would serve you well. 650w now would give you OC ability. Cosair, Seasonic
  2. bigcyco1's suggestion is good. I prefer the X-series though and recommend this one:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151088

    It's gold certified which means there's less waste heat generated by the PSU which will keep your electric bill down a bit and your room cooler
  3. I would go with the Corsair AX750 or HX850 it just depends how much you can get them for because in my area the AX is 139.99 with $20 mail in rebate and the HX is $189 but a few weeks ago it was down to $169. Either one will be more than enough and will give you room to overclock when your ready and be good for SLI as well if you want to do that.
  4. Pinhedd said:
    bigcyco1's suggestion is good. I prefer the X-series though and recommend this one:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151088

    It's gold certified which means there's less waste heat generated by the PSU which will keep your electric bill down a bit and your room cooler
    if money is of no concern +1 to this it's a really top notch PSU :)
  5. Best answer
    I'd go with a 650 watt Corsair or Seasonic. Go with gold plus, if you have spare money. Either way, both psu's are good, seasonic is the best though, but Corsair performs well as well.
  6. mazchazo said:
    I'd go with a 650 watt Corsair or Seasonic. Go with gold plus, if you have spare money. Either way, both psu's are good, seasonic is the best though, but Corsair performs well as well.


    Corsair doesn't manufacture their own PSUs. In fact, many of the PSUs with the Corsair label are manufactured by SeaSonic :)
  7. Pinhedd said:
    Corsair doesn't manufacture their own PSUs. In fact, many of the PSUs with the Corsair label are manufactured by SeaSonic :)


    Really? Woah.... So that's how all of Corsair's products are the best. They find the best companies to manufacture them.
  8. Best answer selected by claw999.
  9. Thanks for the advice guys
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Silver Components Product