Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6670 Single-Slot Graphics card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
January 4, 2012 6:38:20 PM

Alright guys I need a single slot GPU and this one seems to be the best.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1...

Now this may be a nooby question but um.. just to clarify


THIS isn't single slot? - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-11192-12-20G-HD6670-Gr...


And this IS single slot? - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-Radeon-6670-1GB-GDDR5/...


Also, what are the other differences between the 2?
January 4, 2012 6:45:44 PM

silentcontrast said:
Alright guys I need a single slot GPU and this one seems to be the best.

http://www.sapphiretech.com/presentation/product/?cid=1...

Now this may be a nooby question but um.. just to clarify


THIS isn't single slot? - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-11192-12-20G-HD6670-Gr...


And this IS single slot? - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-Radeon-6670-1GB-GDDR5/...


Also, what are the other differences between the 2?




Okay.

The best single slot card is a 6770, or a 6750. for 70 UK pounds on ebay, it is single slot.


If you have a huge budget, the best readily available single slot card is the

gtx 460 razor.

The gtx 560 slim and gtx 580 slim also exist but are very hard to find.

There exists a gts 450 ECO version that is single slot, but is poor value for money.

Both of those amazon links, are in my opinion 2 slots.
Because there is 2 backplates on them.

Some may disagree with me but I consider them to be a double slot card.

What are the differences ?? They are both rip offs and bad value for money, so there are no differences.
lol

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fastest-graphics-ca...

Look, the 6770 and 6750 are much better and only cost 70 pounds AND are single slot.
January 4, 2012 6:49:50 PM

I take that back

the 6670 is good, but the 6750 and 6770 for 5 pounds more are better.

and they are single slot.

the two amazon links you posted are both double slot.

Related resources
January 4, 2012 6:53:20 PM

wait, the 6670 is a single slot upon further inspection.

but the Sapphire 11192-12-20G HD6670 is dual slot.

for the same price you can get the 6750 i posted to for 70 pounds which is DEFINITELY single slot
January 4, 2012 6:54:37 PM

fuggles said:
Okay.

The best single slot card is a 6770, or a 6750. for 70 UK pounds on ebay, it is single slot.


If you have a huge budget, the best readily available single slot card is the

gtx 460 razor.

The gtx 560 slim and gtx 580 slim also exist but are very hard to find.

There exists a gts 450 ECO version that is single slot, but is poor value for money.

Both of those amazon links, are in my opinion 2 slots.
Because there is 2 backplates on them.

Some may disagree with me but I consider them to be a double slot card.

What are the differences ?? They are both rip offs and bad value for money, so there are no differences.
lol

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/fastest-graphics-ca...

Look, the 6770 and 6750 are much better and only cost 70 pounds AND are single slot.
http://it-chuiko.com/uploads/posts/2011-04/1303672867302288024.jpeg



Hey man thanks for the reply. So, if I got this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XFX-HD677XZNLC-Radeon-HD-6770...

It would fit a single slot yeah?
January 4, 2012 6:58:56 PM

Depends on your case, the heatsink in that last one is sticking out past one slot. It would most likely block the next slot. Or it wouldn't fit your HTPC case (it would not fit mine for sure).
January 4, 2012 7:05:41 PM

that ebay link for the 6770 takes up one slot.

google 6850 single slot card, but I don't think anyone in the UK sells it

January 4, 2012 7:12:54 PM

theinfiniti said:
Depends on your case, the heatsink in that last one is sticking out past one slot. It would most likely block the next slot. Or it wouldn't fit your HTPC case (it would not fit mine for sure).




Um, this is where I want to put it. http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb388/bengjo/card.j... (Where the current one is)


But I've just noticed that I will have to put it upside down ? D:
January 4, 2012 7:16:00 PM

NO way that 6770 from ebay will fit. at all.

I'm in the same boat as you.
January 4, 2012 7:17:03 PM

My advice is to just get a new micro atx case. Cheap ones run around $30 w/ PSU, $20 without.
January 4, 2012 7:20:23 PM

theinfiniti said:
My advice is to just get a new micro atx case. Cheap ones run around $30 w/ PSU, $20 without.




Do you know of any Micro-Atx case that will come with a 500W PSU? Then I can just transfer all my stuff, apart from my psu, then install the new card.
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2012 7:27:34 PM

silentcontrast said:
I'm in the UK though.

try and do your best to get a 6850 single slot edition you will not b let down.
a c 197 U Graphics card
January 4, 2012 7:27:51 PM

PSUs that come in cases tend to be cheap junk not suitable for use to power delicate electronics. Standard micro-ATX cases accept standard PSUs. Are you taking about one of the smaller form factors, like SFX or TFX? FSP and Seasonic each make some decent PSUs in those sizes that would be able to handle a HD6750 or even a HD6770.
Incidentally, the low-profile version of that HD6670 IS a single slot card, when the full-height bracket is installed. The pic shows the low-height bracket, and a second low-height bracket used for the additional connector. If not needed, you don't even need to install that connector's ribbon cable, so it would be a single low-profile bracket. Note that the width of the heat sink may exceed a single slot.
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2012 7:30:34 PM

Onus said:
PSUs that come in cases tend to be cheap junk not suitable for use to power delicate electronics. Standard micro-ATX cases accept standard PSUs. Are you taking about one of the smaller form factors, like SFX or TFX? FSP and Seasonic each make some decent PSUs in those sizes that would be able to handle a HD6750 or even a HD6770.
Incidentally, the low-profile version of that HD6670 IS a single slot card, when the full-height bracket is installed. The pic shows the low-height bracket, and a second low-height bracket used for the additional connector. If not needed, you don't even need to install that connector's ribbon cable, so it would be a single low-profile bracket. Note that the width of the heat sink may exceed a single slot.

Good thing 6850 is ultra power efficient only one 6 pin power dongle and 127watts max power draw.
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2012 7:32:16 PM

fuggles said:
agreed, too expensive

what are your thoughts on a gts 450 eco version.
it's expensive and not very powerful but it's worth a look.


but if you want a 6670

get this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XFX-HD-6670-1GB-DDR3-DVI-VGA-...

6850 is the most powerful single slot card by a wide margin = it worth the price
January 4, 2012 7:32:58 PM

Onus said:
PSUs that come in cases tend to be cheap junk not suitable for use to power delicate electronics. Standard micro-ATX cases accept standard PSUs. Are you taking about one of the smaller form factors, like SFX or TFX? FSP and Seasonic each make some decent PSUs in those sizes that would be able to handle a HD6750 or even a HD6770.
Incidentally, the low-profile version of that HD6670 IS a single slot card, when the full-height bracket is installed. The pic shows the low-height bracket, and a second low-height bracket used for the additional connector. If not needed, you don't even need to install that connector's ribbon cable, so it would be a single low-profile bracket. Note that the width of the heat sink may exceed a single slot.



Hey man, the default PSU that came with this PC is in an odd place. Picture - http://tinyurl.com/86t4pb5


Do you know of any PSU that would fit in there?
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2012 7:35:17 PM

silentcontrast said:
Hey man, the default PSU that came with this PC is in an odd place. Picture - http://tinyurl.com/86t4pb5


Do you know of any PSU that would fit in there?

LOL thats a standard ATX PSU just in a funny holder type thing.
January 4, 2012 7:36:48 PM

Headspin_69 said:
LOL thats a standard ATX PSU just in a funny holder type thing.



So I just gotta get a micro atx PSU?
a c 197 U Graphics card
January 4, 2012 7:44:31 PM

I am unable to access that URL from work, but will look when I get home in another hour or so.
January 4, 2012 7:48:53 PM

Onus said:
I am unable to access that URL from work, but will look when I get home in another hour or so.



Alright man thanks, I really don't want to have to buy a new case, so I'm hoping it will be fine
a c 197 U Graphics card
January 4, 2012 8:58:19 PM

Ok I've looked at it, and I really can't tell. It might be a standard size, but how thick is it? A straight-on or 3/4 look from the rear would be needed to tell. Does it have an exhaust fan at the rear? What size is it? There are a number of possibilities here; none of them look hopeless, but more information is needed.

Edit: In the meantime, take a look at this FSP: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... noting in particular that it is very small, but includes an adapter bracket to fit into standard ATX mounts.
a c 197 U Graphics card
January 4, 2012 9:41:04 PM

From that angle, it looks like you could use a PSU like the FSP I linked, WITHOUT the ATX adapter bracket.
January 4, 2012 9:45:44 PM

I've found out my dimensions - 137mmx128mmx64mm


Its a D250AA0

The one you linked is slightly smaller, will that be a problem?
a b U Graphics card
January 4, 2012 10:05:07 PM

6850 slim FTW
January 4, 2012 10:08:44 PM

I'm fine with the graphics card, its now a case of finding a PSU that will actually fit.
a c 197 U Graphics card
January 4, 2012 11:07:58 PM

If it is smaller, it will fit, but you may have an issue with securing it if at least a couple of the screw holes don't line up.
January 4, 2012 11:18:49 PM

Alright screw it, I'm gonna just move everything to a new case, so I have a lot more upgrading options in the future, thanks for all the help guys.
!