500Watt PSU For this spec?

theref

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
So I'm having sort of problem this last 3 days where my pc reboot randomly (like the power got cut off)

Here is my Spec :
Core i7, 2600k
Zotac GeForce GT 430 4GB
2x 4GB RAM
MotherBoard H61M-VS - ASRock

Current PSU : SILVERSTONE ST50F-ES 500W (80% Efficiency).

Is it the random reboot because of the psu? all the components are no more than 4 months old. Previously, when it's brand new I can play with high cpu consuming game such as Shogun 2 Total War, Skyrim, etc. But this past 3 days it randomly reboot.

Solution
As ilysaml said, check out your system with another PSU first if you can before buying a new PSU. Oh, this just occurred to me, since your system is only 4 months old, your PSU is still under warranty. You should work out a replacement with silverstone.

theref

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
And also, Whenever I'm running windows experience assessment, and it always reboot when it assessing either

"CPU Performance" or "Windows Media Decoding *something*". Assuming when doing that assessment, the system cpu loads heavily, thus consuming more electricity which my psu can't hold it (?). One thing for sure, it never pass CPU Performance Assessment because the pc always rebooted.

Oh and any recommendation on which psu I should buy?

As ilysaml said, check out your system with another PSU first if you can before buying a new PSU. Oh, this just occurred to me, since your system is only 4 months old, your PSU is still under warranty. You should work out a replacement with silverstone.

Solution

theref

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
Yeah.

Oh and, Under "Normal" conditions, is 500 Watt should be enough to handle my specifications above??

And is there a chance that my motherboard messed up instead of the psu?

theref

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
In the end I was too busy this weekend >.< will go around today.

And is it possible that this is caused by broken VGA? to think about it recently I've been playing around the vga because I have some issues with guildwars2. Including installing this application called EVGA Precision X
http://www.evga.com/precision/

Where I underclocked my vga

Shiinsuh

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Oh, this just occurred to me, since your system is only 4 months old, your PSU is still under warranty.
g.php