Default folder order is reverse alphabetical

A while back my default folder settings must have changed.
Now when I bring up a folder the file listing are in
reverse alpha order. I don't know how it changed but more
importantly I can not find how to change the default to be
in regular alpha order.
5 answers Last reply
More about default folder order reverse alphabetical

    On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 12:11:55 -0700, Frank wrote:

    > A while back my default folder settings must have changed.
    > Now when I bring up a folder the file listing are in
    > reverse alpha order. I don't know how it changed but more
    > importantly I can not find how to change the default to be
    > in regular alpha order.

    The reverse alphabetical sort is an old Windows bug documented here:
    Items in "Open" and "Save As" Dialog Boxes Sorted Incorrectly

    To fix, open Windows Explorer with the focus on the root drive (usually
    C:). Set the sort order. Then close this window using File> Close

    The article recommends pressing Ctrl and then clicking the X in the upper
    right hand corner. David Candy tells us that this key combo is not
    effective in XP. However, you can try it if you want or use the File> Close
    as mentioned above.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Hi

    Click on 'Name' at the top of the column.

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Frank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >A while back my default folder settings must have changed.
    > Now when I bring up a folder the file listing are in
    > reverse alpha order. I don't know how it changed but more
    > importantly I can not find how to change the default to be
    > in regular alpha order.

    Well yes of course that changes the order for that
    instance but I want to change it to be the default
    everytime I open a folder.

    Hi

    With Windows Explorer open, set whatever settings you need to, then go to
    Tools>Folder Options>View and click on 'Apply to All Folders'.

    --

    > Well yes of course that changes the order for that
    > instance but I want to change it to be the default
    > everytime I open a folder.

    Thanks!

Configuration Default Microsoft Customization Windows XP