HD 6670 Catalyst 11.12 win7 x64 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

aero356

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Some options are disabled in my Catalyst Control Center:

1. My Digital Flat-Panels --> In Properties (Digital Flat-Panel) --> Image Scaling

n8bh5.png

This one is a pain. Some programs can't keep a correct aspect ratio because the option "Scale image to full panel size" seems to be enabled by default.

2. My Digital Flat-Panels --> Scaling options (Digital Flat-Panel) --> Scaling options

24o6mvp.png

This options are disabled in my Catalyst on Windows 7 Professional 64 bits. However, I have installed in the same pc Windows XP 32 bits service pack 3 and the Catalyst installed there have this options enabled and works fine. I have a SyncMaster 953BW 19'' at 1440x900 resolution. I'm using the dvi-d port of my card: XFX Radeon HD 6670 model: HD-667x-ZGF4. I have installed the Catalyst 11.12 CAP 1 posted on 12/13/2011 in the amd page for my win7 and the 11.12 posted the same day also in the amd page for winxp.

Solution
I don't know for sure but I suspect its buggy drivers. My 5850 didn't have the AMD video converter enabled for about 3 sets of drivers.
I'm using 11.8 drivers and have no intention of upgrading until they put in a feature that is must have to me. Changing drivers looking for a few extra FPS in this game or that is asking for trouble in my book.
Have you tried reverting ?

Having said that I don't want you to get the wrong idea about the drivers in general. I have had maybe 3 driver related issues in all the many years I have been dealing with GPU's

Mactronix :)
I don't know for sure but I suspect its buggy drivers. My 5850 didn't have the AMD video converter enabled for about 3 sets of drivers.
I'm using 11.8 drivers and have no intention of upgrading until they put in a feature that is must have to me. Changing drivers looking for a few extra FPS in this game or that is asking for trouble in my book.
Have you tried reverting ?

Having said that I don't want you to get the wrong idea about the drivers in general. I have had maybe 3 driver related issues in all the many years I have been dealing with GPU's

Mactronix :)

Solution

aero356

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Thanks for the quick reply Mactronix. And yeah I know what you mean about the drivers. Sometimes they dissapoint us with the drivers and programs features, but in general is good to keep updated. However, reverting to a previous version of Catalyst may work. The problem is that I havent tried a previous version of the driver. I bought this card a week ago, so this is my first time with this software. Now, I wonder if anyone had the same problem as me and was able to fix it. I wonder what version has those features enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.