Arctic Cooling Accelero L2 Pro on GTS250

browneyxr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Hi,
I have an ASUS GTS250 card that I want to replace the broken cooler on (I was thinking of using it as a physx card because I ended up replacing it as a main card already due to the broken fan).

I brought an Arctic Cooling Accelero L2 Pro but found that the three wire plug was too large to fit the three wire socket on the GTS250 card. I can't find any instructions on the electrical side of things at all for this cooler and am really stuck with how to install this.

I'd really appreciate any help. I am quite new to modding computers (I did recently manage to replace the CPU heat sink so I could overclock it but that was way simpler!).

Not entirely sure what you mean, but it looks like it comes with a 4 plug Molex connector, which would attack to the similar plug coming directly from the PSU. Then there is a 7V and a 12V plug coming out of that, and those are the ones you plug into the fan. The 7V will just be a slower speed than 12V - 12V is full speed. Pick the one you like based on noise levels (although make sure to check temperatures after in either case).

DM186

Splendid
Couldn't you cut the end off leaving about 1 inch of wire from the old fan? Then cut the end off the new fan. Then wire the old connector on the new fan? That is if the fans are the same size, that way your card will controll the new fan.

I am a electrican and low voltage tech. This is just an Idea and I am not there so I can't see the fans to be sure it would work or not. As long as the wattage is the same you could do it.

The after market fan you bought. Was it stated as a replacement fan for that card? if not don't take any chances and forget what I said. You could end up really messing up your card.

Another Idea is expansion slot fan to plug into a slot next to the card. Here is a link to one.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835119097

DM186

Splendid

Ya you are probaley right. He would have to know which wire is what. Like I said I am not there and I can't see his fan's.