I broke something off in my USB

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Okay, so I took my PC into the other room and stuck a wireless receiver jack into the back of my PC. Well, for some reason it didn't work. So when I tried to remove it, it wouldn't budge. So, I got some pliers and the plastic around it crushed, and now it is a broken pile of crap that is stuck into my motherboard. And when I try to wiggle it or work it out, my PC shuts down. So, I unplugged it and tried to get it out, and now the port is destroyed. But that pile of crap is still stuck in it. So I said to hell with it.

I still have so many ports that I couldn't dream of using them all. But, I am wondering if leaving that thing like that will screw up my PC in the future. I really don't want to go to the trouble of switching out the motherboard over something so small.

Is there a way of permanently disabling that particular port?

What should I do?

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
It turns out it was the stupid "BT Go" port - no wonder it got stuck. After taking the pliers to the receiver, the plastic shell broke to pieces, as now all that remains is a little strip of circuitry hanging out of the port.

Captureuuu.png

2012-03-0811-47-24585.jpg

2012-03-0811-47-03248.jpg

PCgamer81

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011

Well, I wanted to take my PC into another room and hook it up to my 42 inch Vizio and lay back and play Just Cause 2 with a gamepad.

So, I took it in there, and took a wireless internet reciever and stuck it into the port. I wasn't paying attention, obviously, and stuck it in the wrong place. I stuck it in my "BT Go" port, which allows for some kind of bluetooth feature. As you can probably guess, no internet (which is needed for Steam games). So when I tried to remove it...stuck!

So I take a pair of channel locks to it. Crushed it. All that is left of the receiver is a little piece of circuitry - the plastic shell is gone. I couldn't care less though - I want it out of my motherboard.

But the more I wiggle and pull - the more it ain't comin' out! And it causes my PC to shut down when I wiggle and pull. So I left it alone for now...

It is really aggravating me.