Need Advice On New Gaming PC

Draxephi

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Hey everyone!

I'm about to build a new computer, and I'd like some help to decide whether or not I did it properly. I've already compiled a little list of things I'm thinking of putting in, but I'm missing some components, as I have no idea what to get. The computer will mainly be used for gaming, games like Battlefield 3, Metro 2033 and probably Guild Wars 2, Batman: Arkham City. Generally high demanding games, I'd guess. I do play around with 3D as well.

Problem is, I'm from Denmark and the site I'm ordering from is in Danish as well, but I can provide links if you still want them.

Cabinet: Cooler Master HAF X Big Tower Sort

CPU: Intel® Core i7-2600K Processor

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, Socket-1155

RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9

PSU: Corsair HX 750W PSU

GPU: Gainward GeForce GTX 580 1536MB PhysX

By the way, the cabinet, PSU and GPU are the things I already have, as they're in another computer.

Three things I'm thinking about is cooling, is the PSU good enough and then what kind of harddrive I should get. Of course, if some parts are not good, please do recommend something else.
Any comments are highly appreciated!

chinoroy

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
get a 1TB Western Digital Caviar Black HD. and yes your PSU is good enough to handle that components.

for cooling: if you want to go liquid, go for the Corsair Hydro H80 or H100. for air cooling look for the Noctua NH-D14 or Thermalright Silver Arrow. these are good coolers.

tlmck

Distinguished
If the ram is of the tall heatsink variety, it will interfere with most aftermarket coolers used in overclocking if that is your eventual aim. The standard profile Vengeance would be best in that instance. And the Coolermaster Hyper series CPU coolers are an excellent option for this also.

Everything else looks fine, and I agree with the WD Black HDD.

Draxephi

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
I was actually looking into some WD HDD's earlier, guess I wasn't completely off, haha.

Wow, thanks for mentioning the RAM tall heatsink, as it was actually what I was looking at. I'll get the other kind.

I'll look into the different cooling options you've mentioned.

Thanks guys!

Draxephi

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
So I've been looking into the different cooling options and found a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, would this be a decent choice if I wanted to overclock?
By the way, I did manage to find some other RAM as well, Low Vengeance Heatspreader.