Sign in with
Your question

How do I Clean my Graphics Card???

Last response: in Components
June 23, 2012 2:02:39 AM

Hello, I have been getting high temps on my Graphics Card lately and I was thinking of cleaning it, so I removed the graphics card and as I was looking at it I noticed there was a ton of dust and I was wondering how the hell am I supposed to clean this? this is my graphics card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Can someone tell me how I am supposed to clean this thing? blowing compressed air into it will make the dust go deeper into the card and I do not think that you are supposed to vacuum out graphics cards because that creates a lot of static and can fry my card, if anyone can help me I will be very happy!

-Thanks! :p 

More about : clean graphics card

Anonymous
a c 117 U Graphics card
June 23, 2012 2:20:03 AM

i have used a vacuum cleaner with no problems, sucking from the exhaust of the card.

no offense, you skilled enough to remove the shroud?
m
l
June 23, 2012 2:30:00 AM

Anonymous said:
i have used a vacuum cleaner with no problems, sucking from the exhaust of the card.

no offense, you skilled enough to remove the shroud?

Well to be honest I hate doing that kind of work but yes, I am capable of it. I will look up some videos, Thanks.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 23, 2012 3:33:52 AM

I think compressed air is fine. You can't really go "deeper" into a card that's open on all sides. Just blow from one side. That's what I do.
m
l
!