Solved

How do I Clean my Graphics Card???

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
June 23, 2012 2:06:28 AM

Hello, I have been getting high temps on my Graphics Card lately and I was thinking of cleaning it, so I removed the graphics card and as I was looking at it I noticed there was a ton of dust and I was wondering how the hell am I supposed to clean this? this is my graphics card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Can someone tell me how I am supposed to clean this thing? blowing compressed air into it will make the dust go deeper into the card and I do not think that you are supposed to vacuum out graphics cards because that creates a lot of static and can fry my card, if anyone can help me I will be very happy!

-Thanks!

sorry for the repost but there was something wrong with the other post and I could not go to the post.

More about : clean graphics card

Best solution

a c 99 U Graphics card
June 23, 2012 2:25:17 AM

This is one method you can do:

You can purchase an air compressor can. You don't press on it for a long time and just blow, just tap on it every half second. After that you can get a vacuum to get any loose dust that has been moved by the air compressor.

I am pretty sure other's will probably make you open up the card.
June 23, 2012 2:31:37 AM

fantastik250 said:
This is one method you can do:

You can purchase an air compressor can. You don't press on it for a long time and just blow, just tap on it every half second. After that you can get a vacuum to get any loose dust that has been moved by the air compressor.

I am pretty sure other's will probably make you open up the card.

Are you sure that a vacuum is safe for cleaning the graphics card? Couldn't it just send static to the card and fry it?
m
l
Related resources
a c 99 U Graphics card
June 23, 2012 2:43:28 AM

Nope, why would a vacuum fry a card? It's only the hose and nothing else.
m
l
June 23, 2012 2:45:51 AM

fantastik250 said:
Nope, why would a vacuum fry a card? It's only the hose and nothing else.

Ok thanks!
m
l
June 23, 2012 2:46:04 AM

Best answer selected by coper210.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
June 23, 2012 2:52:42 AM

You would be more likely to fry the card by handling it without grounding yourself. Make sure you are using a ground strap or at least grounding yourself on the metal of the case before working in your computer. Also, it's not a good idea to work on it while walking on carpet since that's the best way to generate static (recall when you were a kid and rubbed your feet on the carpet to get a 'shock').
m
l
!