Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
6850 good solid gaming card, it gets nice 40-60++ FPS playing new game like Skyrim,
you can snatch 6870 pretty much for price of 6850 sometimes if you shop around, for boost in FPS as well

duxducis

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
sadly im not mac tech, but i did ran into customer (2 weeks ago) who had Mac Pro (5k price tag) after some dinging it was hard to find mac compatible video card and the one we found had price tag of 500$++ to over 1k, so far Gaming+ Mac don't mix well in my dictionary.

I will leave this question to some one who knows better

Headspin_69

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
sadly im not mac tech, but i did ran into customer (2 weeks ago) who had Mac Pro (5k price tag) after some dinging it was hard to find mac compatible video card and the one we found had price tag of 500$, so far Gaming+ Mac don't mix well in my dictionary.

I will leave this question to some one who knows better
I no have this whats you call it Mac tec I have PC tech

ibn gozzy

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
Budget doesn't matter I just need the best I have a good quad core CPU.

Go Green!
I've had both high end varieties and if I were looking to buy right now, I would go nVidia. If budget doesn't matter and you just want the best experience and have a well ventilated case, go with nVidia. From my experience, the drivers are more stable which translates to less frustration and better gaming experience. Now, I have an AMD 5970 in trifire with a 5870 and, although it kicks ass, every time a new game comes out, I need to update drivers to get it working properly-and sometimes that doesn't work until a hotfix for the game comes out. On the other hand, my son's rig has 2x nVidia GTX 460s in SLI and a 9800GTX for PhysX and I have not needed to update drivers at all-and we play the same games mostly. So, with AMD you do get a lot of Bang for your buck, but they can be kinda fussy and if you don't want the hassle and just njoy, try nvidia. However, the new AMD7970 is coming out soon and that does look kinda cool with the new technology. But the choice is yours. Hope that helps.

Headspin_69

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011
Go Green!
I've had both high end varieties and if I were looking to buy right now, I would go nVidia. If budget doesn't matter and you just want the best experience and have a well ventilated case, go with nVidia. From my experience, the drivers are more stable which translates to less frustration and better gaming experience. Now, I have an AMD 5970 in trifire with a 5870 and, although it kicks ass, every time a new game comes out, I need to update drivers to get it working properly-and sometimes that doesn't work until a hotfix for the game comes out. On the other hand, my son's rig has 2x nVidia GTX 460s in SLI and a 9800GTX for PhysX and I have not needed to update drivers at all-and we play the same games mostly. So, with AMD you do get a lot of Bang for your buck, but they can be kinda fussy and if you don't want the hassle and just njoy, try nvidia. However, the new AMD7970 is coming out soon and that does look kinda cool with the new technology. But the choice is yours. Hope that helps.
That's not a Radeon driver problem you have that's a quasi tri card settup you have there that the problem plus the single card thrown in that bungs everything up and it would be the same on the green team. The GTX 460 2 WIN had driver issues aswell.

duxducis

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
6850 good solid gaming card, it gets nice 40-60++ FPS playing new game like Skyrim,
you can snatch 6870 pretty much for price of 6850 sometimes if you shop around, for boost in FPS as well

Solution

ibn gozzy

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
That's not a Radeon driver problem you have that's a quasi tri card settup you have there that the problem plus the single card thrown in that bungs everything up and it would be the same on the green team. The GTX 460 2 WIN had driver issues aswell.

Actually, it refers to my experience as a whole. I've had both single and dual card setups of various types from both ATI/AMD and nVidia and overall, nVidia gave the best user experience. But, again it's your choice. I'm not knocking either one just letting you know which one I thought gave the best experience. I actually don't mind fussing with it until it's just right. Anyway, have fun with whatever you choose.

ibn gozzy

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
Uhm I heard that a radeon is coming in a few days that overpowers the 580 maybe I will wait.
It maybe well worth waiting for, at least hear what reviewers say. Tom's just recently did a preliminary review that sounds quite interesting. You should check it out, if you haven't already. There may be other reviews out there by now as well, but I haven't checked.

Kizza1234

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
look buddy, in about 3 months ati will have alot of 7xxx series cards, dx 11.1!! just wait 3 months. the price of 6xxx will also go down, so just wait. oh and this year, ati ftw, last year nvidia ftw

Considering the amount of 'knowledge' that you like to impart and the arguments that you've started in various threads, this is an amusing thread to have started.

Headspin_69

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011

I am not sure I follow I am looking for opinions on which is the best Nvidia or Radeon clash of the titans.

Headspin_69

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011

Hey you said it not me and I don't need to troll for a good argument on the internet I am @ Tom's to try and stay away from this mode of behavior. If I feel the urge to troll I can go were everyone does it YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.