john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Hello,
You know how all the "name Brand" computers have the
Install disks that have OS and all the programs and
drivers configured for a fresh install...Is there a way
to create one??
I mean once I have my system setup and configured exactly
the way i want it..ie, OS , drivers, Programs, is there a
way to make a CD or CD's that is bootable that will
completely reinstall everything exactly the same way?..I
know i can just Ghost it to another drive..But i would
like to know if i can do it this way as well.

Thanks in advance :)

John

Thier's two ways xp can do most/all of it,run the File-Transfer-Wizard,
set computer as old,run the data to anew folder you create (on desktop),
then transfer data to a cd.It'll save all youre documents and settings,no
system files however.You can also copy youre hd to a new hd (ghost),by
running XCOPY,set newly formatted drive as slave,then go to run,type:
XCOPY C:\*.* D:\ /c/h/e/k/r D: being the slave,however any letter would
do if diffrent on slave than D:.

"John" wrote:

> Hello,
> You know how all the "name Brand" computers have the
> Install disks that have OS and all the programs and
> drivers configured for a fresh install...Is there a way
> to create one??
> I mean once I have my system setup and configured exactly
> the way i want it..ie, OS , drivers, Programs, is there a
> way to make a CD or CD's that is bootable that will
> completely reinstall everything exactly the same way?..I
> know i can just Ghost it to another drive..But i would
> like to know if i can do it this way as well.
>
> Thanks in advance :)
>
> John

There is no easy way other than creating an image
of the drive using a third-party program such as Ghost.
http://www.symantec.com/sabu/ghost/ghost_personal/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"John" wrote:

| Hello,
| You know how all the "name Brand" computers have the
| Install disks that have OS and all the programs and
| drivers configured for a fresh install...Is there a way
| to create one??
| I mean once I have my system setup and configured exactly
| the way i want it..ie, OS , drivers, Programs, is there a
| way to make a CD or CD's that is bootable that will
| completely reinstall everything exactly the same way?..I
| know i can just Ghost it to another drive..But i would
| like to know if i can do it this way as well.
|
| Thanks in advance :)
|
| John

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Thank you for the link..it was very helpfull