Video card not detected

ikjot649

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
Well let me start off with my computer specs.

intel i5 2500k 3.30 ghz
8 gigs ram
120 gb ocz ssd
gigabyte z68a-d3h-b3 mobo
gigabyte gtx 560 ti 1gb gpu

Well i got my pc from cyberpower about 2 weeks ago. I didnt order the video card with it because i got a better price else where. Anyways i bought the video card once the computer arrived and everything was fine and dandy for a week. I only played a few easy games like league of legends and CSS. Suddenly one day my computer randomly crashed/froze and when i restarted it nothing showed up on my monitor. So i plugged in my monitor into the integrated video cards slot to see what was up. The computer loads up nicely and stuff. I checked under device manager -> display adapters and the video card doesnt show up. I tried many things to try and fix the problem. I took the card out and try to put it in again, i put it in another pci slot, i checked the bios, i updated bios, i took the battery out of the mobo to refresh the bios, i put in 3 other older video cards and they worked/showed up, and some other things. I think the card still works because the fans still spin on it. I tried returning the video card to memory express. They tested it out and it worked at their store. They wont let me exchange it or return it because it isnt defective. I am out of ideas on how to fix this problem so if you have any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Tavo_Nova

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
why not try and bring your system on their store so they can see for themselves. i had a similar problem before with my older PC it worked in their stock system but doesn't on mine and then i bought mine a long and they did some check and i got a new one exchanged, and a friend of mine had a similar problem but instead the ones at the store where he bought the video card accidentally fixed his problem.