Solved

Ill pull the trigger...i will!

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Macintosh
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
March 8, 2012 2:37:11 PM

im thinking of turning to mac... talk me out of it... PLEASE!!!

More about : ill pull trigger

March 8, 2012 2:38:15 PM

apple computers are so much more expensive than even a prebuilt windows, which is more expensive than building your own
and macs require more powerful hardware for gaming
and there aren't as many games on mac
convinced?
m
l
March 8, 2012 2:47:56 PM

nope... my bro got his macbook pro 15 a while ago nd can play anything on it... at same FPS as my laptop, a HP dv7 with 6770 and i7-2630.
Price wise, they are the same as any other laptop...

bare in mind, i would keep my desktop for gaming, but im talking bout laptop...
now that i think about it, i posted this in the wrong place! soz...
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 8, 2012 2:49:17 PM

macs are for chicks and people that do not know anything about computers

real men build their computers...

macs are the VW beetles of cars
m
l
March 8, 2012 3:02:27 PM

hey, dont mock the beetle! im not fanatical bout the actual hardware, but i love the os... but dont want to run it on my pc cause that is just wrong!
m
l
March 8, 2012 3:22:29 PM

whats so great about the OS? is there anything it can do that ANY other os cant? and even cheaper? feel free to join the, like 9%?, of the world and buy an apple, or you could just learn a few things and be your own person, unless you really like paying excessively for everything. virus's arent even a valid topic, ease of use is based on the knuckle head at the keyboard, and upgrade paths are also a no brainer.

on another note, if games would run natively on linux, there wouldnt be any need for other os's. (especially the proprietary poo called mac.)
m
l
March 8, 2012 3:34:05 PM

Use whatever you want. If you don't mind paying more for your hardware and having a much more limited selection of software, then switch right on over to Mac.
m
l
March 8, 2012 4:03:14 PM

Get a power Mac that way you can be a Mac-hole *and* a fanboy!
m
l

Best solution

March 8, 2012 4:04:45 PM

As an IT Pro, I find it's the computer of choice for most hardcore UNIX/Linux admins. I was at the USENIX LISA conference this past fall and I'd say over 50% of the sysadmins had Macs. And these folks are the top people in the industry. As a computer geek I think it's important to have a broad background in lots of operating systems. There are pros and cons to all types of computers.
March 8, 2012 4:10:11 PM

Why would anyone talk you out of buying a mac? They make great products that chinese people work hard to create - in fact they work so hard it makes the product to die for.
m
l
March 8, 2012 11:26:25 PM

To quote Yoda: "If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny"

What I'm trying to say here is- DON'T. It's a solid fact that Macintosh brand hardware is more expensive, than a PC of the same quality. So there is no point in buying Mac hardware. If you like Mac OSX then use it on a PC. But if your going to game- Mac is not the way to go very few games are released on Mac (in comparison to a PC).

Just my two cents.
m
l
March 9, 2012 12:33:19 AM

p4nz3rm4d said:
nope... my bro got his macbook pro 15 a while ago nd can play anything on it... at same FPS as my laptop, a HP dv7 with 6770 and i7-2630.
Price wise, they are the same as any other laptop...

bare in mind, i would keep my desktop for gaming, but im talking bout laptop...
now that i think about it, i posted this in the wrong place! soz...

i wasn't aware you were talking about laptops, i assumed desktops
i would still prefer a windows laptop though
m
l
March 9, 2012 5:35:26 AM

From my experience with the new Macbooks, I must say that I'm not impressed.

1. You can do almost anything on a Mac on a Windows/PC
2. Macs have overheating issues. (Browser page open and Minecraft=Vacuum Cleaner)
3. Macs are overpriced
4. Macs are slow. (I was recently experiencing issues with my Macbook Pro being slow, so I reinstalled the whole OS. No difference. Everything still hangs)

But it depends if you want a good looking laptop or a laptop with a good price/performance ratio
m
l
March 9, 2012 6:19:12 AM

Best answer selected by p4nz3rm4d.
m
l
March 9, 2012 12:09:00 PM

If we are talking purely about laptops, I'd say go with Mac. In my case, at the very least, they are far more cost-efficient and they don't need to be tinkered around with. My both Windows laptops have broken down in less then two years where as my family's both MacBooks have lasted already 4 years without any problems. Even though my mother understands nothing about computers and keeps the HDD stuffed full all the time, the machine itself is almost as fast as it was a few years back.

Another thing is battery life. The MacBooks work fine without a power supply for hours but the much younger Windows laptops were useless in this regard. The other lasted around 1,5 hours and the other just half an hour even if it was charged full.

Plus Macs are smaller and in my opinion better-looking.

Maybe I've just had bad luck with Windows laptops but I find no good reason to buy one. Go with Mac.
m
l
!