Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Need help, blew fuse!

Last response: in Components
Share
June 23, 2012 6:53:14 AM

hi, i accidentally put the power jack into the usb port on my laptop, it popped and a little smoked came out, now the laptop wont come on??? what did i do and how can i fix it?????

More about : blew fuse

a b ) Power supply
a b D Laptop
June 23, 2012 8:43:57 AM

Hi

most laptop power supplies produce 18 Volts to 20 Volts usb uses 5 Volts

It looks like the the motherboard is damaged as the laptop will not switch on.

Try removing battery (and power lead), pressing on button for about 30 seconds, replace battery and see if it will then switch on

Only an expert can decide if the motherboard can be repaired or needs to be replaced.

You probably need someone who specialises in your brand of laptop

regards
Mike Barnes
m
0
l
!