Mar 8, 2012
i'm thinking
ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3
I7 3770T or K when it comes out.
OCZ Agility 3 series 60 GB for os and most played games
Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2X1600C7R
Thermaltake SpinQ VT
NZXT Classic H2 Series

I haven't decided wether or not i'm going to OC. depends on the cost of CPU's when they are released.
Will a 80+ gold 450W psu handle this if left unOC'ed?
this setup is at about 890 USD give or take a bit. prices changes a bit and the new I7s' actual prices are still to be seen. SO! if the psu should be able to handle the setup, is there any changes I could do to improve the build without exceeding the budget?

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
1. You're not gaming on any kind of decent settings with Intel's integrated graphics. They're way better in IVB, but still totally inadequate for real gaming.

2. You need a hard drive, especially with a 60 GB SSD. That's basically enough room for Windows and a single game, and then patching is going to get hairy. Strongly recommend a 120 GB SSD now that they're more affordable.

3. Don't get a 450W PSU. Get 550 at least, 650 preferably.

g-unit1111

Titan
I haven't decided wether or not i'm going to OC. depends on the cost of CPU's when they are released.

It's impossible to build systems around hardware that isn't out yet.

You will not need that CPU for a gaming rig, and I'd ditch that cooler and primary SSD for better.

Will a 80+ gold 450W psu handle this if left unOC'ed?

No - especially if you plan to use a different GPU - you will need a much higher wattage - probably 750 - 850 minimum depending on the GPU you get.

this setup is at about 890 USD give or take a bit. prices changes a bit and the new I7s' actual prices are still to be seen. SO! if the psu should be able to handle the setup, is there any changes I could do to improve the build without exceeding the budget?

The SpinQ is not a good choice for cooler (not to mention my general distaste for Thermaltake) - go with a Hyper 212 Evo instead: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

Get different RAM too - the tall heat sinks on the Vengeance will not mix with aftermarket coolers:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148544

And then do not get a 60GB SSD for your primary if you don't plan to use a secondary solution, and the Agility 3 is not a good choice - this would be better: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148441

But unless you have a secondary HD already it'd be best to get a 500GB HD as your primary and add the SSD later.

Laneor

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
@ alvine, pgu is ATI radeon HD 5450
HDD a 200 GB 7200 rpm i think it's a samsung...

@ g-unit, would 2x4GB crucial ballistix tactical (BLT2CP4G3D1608DT1TX0CEU) be useful instead? since i'm not in the U.S. and the locals dont have the ones you linked...

and you guys are possitive that a 450W wouldn't pull this?

TRENDING THREADS