Ok so I managed to get more out of my budget and this is my new list:

GTS450 2GB DDR5

NVIDIA GTS450 1GB GDDR5

NVIDIA 9800GT 1GB GDDR3

Radeon HD5670 1GB GDDR5

RADEON HD5750 1GB DDR5 PCI EXPRESS

Radeon HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PCI EXPRESS

Radeon HD5770 1GB GDDR5

ok guys now its youre turn tell me which one is the best.

Il be using a qaud core phenom II 965 3.4 ghz black edition and 8 gb ram at 1600 mhz and a asus m5a97.

thanks

Read this http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/245454-15-crossfire-faqs
CrossfireX is crossfire with 3-4 cards while crossfire is 2 cards. Yes crossfire can make 2 midrange cards better than a high end one. Low end cards do not scale well in crossfire (or work out cost effective). For AMD cards its only really worth considering on a Radeon 6850 or better (unless you already have a 5770/6770). There are also downsides like cooling, driver issues, microstuttering etc. Also you need the right motherboard and power supply for it too.

If you get the 5770, you can save money, then get another 5770, and then crossfire it. But in order to crossfire, you need a motherboard that does support it and, to meet recommended setting you need to get at least a 8x/8x PCI-E x16's lanes. The performance of a single 6870 is the same as 5770 crossfire.

But on the other side, there is some issue when crossfiring compared to single card setup, which is temperature (crossfire run hotter), micro-shuttering, Drivers, noise, and overall much hassle.

So if you can buy a single card which has the same performance as a crossfire setup, you'd better with a single card setup. If you're keeping your old GPU and add another one to crossfire it instead of upgrading the GPU as a whole, it's OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.