Sign in with
Your question

CPU running wayy too hot

Last response: in CPUs
June 23, 2012 1:24:53 PM

Hey guys,
i just finished building my PC and when i started got everything installed and updated i downloaded core temp and was shock to see my CPU running at 90C+ " alt="" class="imgLz frmImg " />

MY System Spec:

Bitfenix Shinobi Window with 5 case fans
Gelid GX-7 Cooler
core i5 3570k
TX750w V2 psu
8gb Corsair Vengeance

More about : cpu running wayy hot

a b à CPUs
June 23, 2012 1:55:27 PM

most probably the heatsink was not seated properly....many people have the same issue....just browse through some old threads here, and u'll get what to do:)  All the best :) 
m
l
a c 193 à CPUs
June 23, 2012 1:58:10 PM

if it the cheap plastic leg intel cooler then the legs are not locked in..or you forgot the thermal pastes.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
June 23, 2012 2:29:24 PM

try to check the thermal paste if applied well or the heatsink properly installed
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 23, 2012 3:07:27 PM

Either your heatsink is not attached correctly or you forgot to take the plastic off the bottom.
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 23, 2012 6:42:29 PM

geekapproved said:
Either your heatsink is not attached correctly or you forgot to take the plastic off the bottom.

Hi :) 

Nobody is that silly...surely lol...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
a c 146 à CPUs
June 23, 2012 6:49:26 PM

rdx07 said:
try to check the thermal paste if applied well or the heatsink properly installed

The stock heatsink comes with thermal paste pre-applied so that wouldn't be the problem unless he kept taking the heatsink off and on. He probably didn't seat the heatsink right. Make sure the black male pins are all the way through the clear plastic female adapters.
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 23, 2012 7:08:29 PM

Brett928S2 said:

Nobody is that silly...surely lol...

I've seen it on here before, dude posted pics of the plastic melted to his cpu.
m
l
a b à CPUs
June 23, 2012 7:13:14 PM

geekapproved said:
I've seen it on here before, dude posted pics of the plastic melted to his cpu.

Wow.. I have seen a LOT of silly things customers do in my shops but never that.....yet..lol

m
l
a b à CPUs
June 23, 2012 10:59:07 PM

Brett928S2 said:

Wow.. I have seen a LOT of silly things customers do in my shops but never that.....yet..lol

I had a guy that soldered 3 hdd's together. He said they were easier to cool together than separate. Hope he doesn't need warranty, one of the drives was bad and he wanted all 3 sent back for replacement. lol

Also had a machine the whole inside was a bull ant nest, full of wood and straw and mud nest and when we opened it the entire tech room was under siege from about 500 bull ant's scattering everywhere, what a mess that was.
m
l
a c 186 à CPUs
June 23, 2012 11:06:27 PM

The guy installed the GX-7 wrong.
m
l
June 24, 2012 12:25:51 AM

Reset the heatsink, as others have said.
m
l
June 24, 2012 2:38:59 AM

LOL UPDATE!!!
I feel like such an IDIOT right now...... So here is what happens just a note for those newbie into computer stuff..... DON'T INSTALL BOTH AMD AND INTEL MOUNTING BRACKET!!!!
SOLVED

Thanks everyone for the support
m
l
!