silverpig

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
From reactorcritical.com:

Infineon has announced the fastest memory chips of today. The 128Mbit SGRAM chip is organized 4Mx32 and supports clock frequencies up to 300MHz for SGRAM, thus 600 Mhz for DDR SGRAM. Infineon is pioneering new features with this product, introducing a 1.8V matched impedance interface. Operating at 1.8V means significant power savings over a standard DDR interface which uses 2.5V – this will be critical to reach the high performance levels required of 3D graphics cards and power reduction for Notebook PCs. Additionally the BGA package ball-out of 12x12 incorporates 16 thermal balls for cooling.

Volume production is scheduled to start later this year. Sample pricing will be $33 in quantities of 1000 pieces.

Guess what kind of memory will be used on GeForce3 Ultra boards ;-)

Really love your peaches wanna shake your tree.

G

uh i already knwo what ram is used for geforce 3 boards DDR but that ram seems interesting. i dout there going to change the memory on the gf3 maybe the gf4 asuming they make a gf3 ultra

Computer Shop owner and Head tech.

G

i have no dout that they will use it if its better then ddr. but since there gf4 is comig out in a few months i dont see them redesigning the gf3 for it but actualy using it in gf4. but thats up to them but i see it unlikly

mpjesse

Splendid
Where did you hear that nVidia is even developing a GeForce "4". I have no doubt they are developing a new chip, but I have SERIOUS doubts that it'll be available in the next few months.

-MP Jesse

"Signatures Still Suck"

G

im not sure i think maybe tomshardware stated something about it but according to nvidias roadmap they bring out there new boards every 6 months as for comfermation sorry i cant give it to you. but then again i dont realy care about nvidia im waiting for the Radeon 2 thats suppost to be out this year. ATI is the only video ill buy. so questions about nvidia i cant awnser. try the tomshardware nvidia geforce3 benchmakrs artical i think maybe i was reading something there about there gf4not sure but maybe . i read to many articals to remember where i read this stuff.

G

Remind me not to go to your shop until you get a spell checker of some kind.

There is no problem that an Optimator can't solve.

G

it dose not matter to me if you ever come to my shop. stop being so ignorant and stick to the post and stop induldging your simple insults. and like i tell everyone i dont spell vary well and i dont clame to . so you telling me this is a waist of time since your not saying anything new. and i would rather not have people come to my shop as you put it if there to consumed in something so trivial as spelling then something important.

ksoth

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
nVidia's 6 month product cycle does not refer to only new products, but revisions. In 6 months after GeForce 3 release, you'll probably see a "budget" GeForce 3 introduced along with an Ultra or Pro version, kind of like what happened with GeForce 2 (release of the GeForce 2 MX and GeForce 2 Ultra). We probably won't see a GeForce 4 for a year or so. I mean, there's really no need. Games with DirectX 8 functionality aren't even hitting the shelves yet, so why would nVidia need to come out with something new, instead of just making something better?

"We put the <i>fun</i> back into fundamentalist dogma!"

G

Sorry to bust out on ya man. I realize that was pretty uncool.(dang, that was pretty rude) On the other side, I hope you can see that the way you interact with people fuels their opinion of you. If you can't spell, people will think you can't read, don't know what you are talking about, and are untrustworthy in giving pc advice. I am sure you are a worthy technician, and I am also sure that I misspell words sometimes also.

Again I apologize for my un-thought out words of flame.

On the thread topic, I agree with ksoth, I think there will be an Ultra or Pro version using new tech as it becomes available.

There is no problem that an Optimator can't solve.

G

well im sorry if i said anything insulting. yes i know i cant spell but hay its something i have lived with my whole life. as for nvidia making a ultra pro. im not sure what nvidia is going to do since i am not them. but im sure they will make something resembling a ultra or maybe yes a ultra. just like radeon will probly make a radeon2 vivo. but im willing to bet under a difrent name. using the same name over and over may be less confusing but some people ive known think if its the same name it must be basicly the same. (results may vary) but anyways lol im not a nvidia fan so im not realy sure why i replyed to this post. (i will be getting the radeon 2 in the 128meg verson is or when it comes out. if not simply a radeon 2 64meg will suffice for me. giving that nvidias only foe in the market being ATI they might use a new memory standerd. but im still betting the gf4 will use it if it dosnt become available in the next 3 months. PS my spelling dosnt affect my reading im probly middle school spelling but college level reader.

Makaveli

Splendid
I don't think the Radeon 2 will come in 128mb onboard.
Most games these days barely use 64mb of memory on todays current cards so I think we'll be with 64mb cards for a couple more months, and we'll possibly see 128mb cards become standard sometime in 2002 possibly late 2002

trak0r

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
R U guys insane? $$ ATI, What for? (Nvdia) = Envy us.. ! Thats all there is too it, and blade2G, I'm guessing you used to be a Voodoo dude. As for the rest of you, stop nagging, keep the story straight, and thats my 2 c's. I know a special teacher for those who can't spell... its really not something you have to live with, get an education, thats a good place to start :)

Above all, don't reply to this with some degrading remark, JUST take what applies.

asta

Trak0r

G

needed isnt a issue we dont need 1gig cpus we dont need 512meg sticks of ram we dont even need 64 megs on the video cards. the point is advertising will need it. 128 megs will push like no tomarrow. 128 will speed up video even if its not alot now. and make possable better picture. the video companys make the tech then the game develipers max it out. so im sure the radeon 2 will have a 128 meg options like the geforce 256 and radeon were suppost to

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I read that article a while ago, and previously read one that said Intle was looking for manufacturers of 400MHz DDR for it's P4 DDr chipset to be released early next year. It would be great to see if ATI's chipset, which should be released in the fall, will support 400MHz DDR.

Cast not thine pearls before the swine