ERROR PERFORMING INPAGE OPERATION

azozo

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
hi im new here..my Local Disk (H) no longer can be use anymore WTF..i don't know why this happen to me!!! when i try to open its said"ERROR PERFORMING INPAGE OPERATION". i double click/right click the (H) icon but it become freeze:((....i open the command prompt and type CHKDSK L: /R as like you said..but when i hit enter it said "cannot open volume for direct acces"..what should i do?? my cpu system is WINDOW XP Service Pack 2. AMD Athlon(tm) 64x2 Dual Core Processor 5000+. 2.60GHz. 1GB Ram..please help me..i REALLY hope...................................................if you have time,please send any solutions to (email addresses should not be used)

azozo

Honorable
Mar 8, 2012
(H) is my hard disk/USB drive..not a several partitions in pc drive. long ago i impose to reboot my cpu because my hardware was change tragedies..and its look that my system roll back to SP2 again.. i have SP2 and SP3 cd's,also XP sp3 black edition 32xbit. my H/ drive contains a lots of important documents for my asignment on next year and sadly now i cannot continue finish my works again:((((((...this really make me CRAZYYYY..

azozo_31

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
i dont know. not test it yet..i think my H/ disk is broken,because i hear something weird from inside the driver body when my pc is power on. it make sound "skrettt" everytimes but the power light on it still working..how can i take recover IMPORTANT data from the drive?i finally update my window to sp3..

If the drive is truly broken, then the only way to get data back is to send it to a lab that does that type of work... usually quite expensive. Here is one example
http://www.datarecoverylabs.com/

So take it to a local technician first, and see if the drive will work at all as a first step.