Sign in with
Your question

ERROR PERFORMING INPAGE OPERATION

Last response: in Systems
March 9, 2012 2:44:26 AM

hi im new here..my Local Disk (H) no longer can be use anymore WTF..i don't know why this happen to me!!! when i try to open its said"ERROR PERFORMING INPAGE OPERATION". i double click/right click the (H) icon but it become freeze:( (....i open the command prompt and type CHKDSK L: /R as like you said..but when i hit enter it said "cannot open volume for direct acces"..what should i do?? my cpu system is WINDOW XP Service Pack 2. AMD Athlon(tm) 64x2 Dual Core Processor 5000+. 2.60GHz. 1GB Ram..please help me..i REALLY hope...................................................if you have time,please send any solutions to (email addresses should not be used)
March 9, 2012 11:26:57 PM

There is insufficient data here to help you.

What type of disk is drive H? Is it the entire drive or one of several partitions on a drive?

Why is your XP only SP2? It should be SP3.

Is this an IDE, SATA, or USB drive?
March 18, 2012 4:15:39 AM

(H) is my hard disk/USB drive..not a several partitions in pc drive. long ago i impose to reboot my cpu because my hardware was change tragedies..and its look that my system roll back to SP2 again.. i have SP2 and SP3 cd's,also XP sp3 black edition 32xbit. my H/ drive contains a lots of important documents for my asignment on next year and sadly now i cannot continue finish my works again:( (((((...this really make me CRAZYYYY..
Related resources
March 18, 2012 4:46:25 AM

So H is an EXTERNAL drive? OK. Can another computer read it or does it fail there also?
March 30, 2012 9:37:37 PM

i dont know. not test it yet..i think my H/ disk is broken,because i hear something weird from inside the driver body when my pc is power on. it make sound "skrettt" everytimes but the power light on it still working..how can i take recover IMPORTANT data from the drive?i finally update my window to sp3..
March 30, 2012 9:57:43 PM

If the drive is truly broken, then the only way to get data back is to send it to a lab that does that type of work... usually quite expensive. Here is one example
http://www.datarecoverylabs.com/

So take it to a local technician first, and see if the drive will work at all as a first step.
!