Sign in with
Your question

Graphics card advise and question?

Last response: in Systems
March 9, 2012 5:33:31 AM

Hello,
I am trying to build a budget gaming desktop system. Can you tell me is is an old fashioned system and can it run latest games with moderate settings?
These are my selections for...

Motherboard
Atx - Intel P965 Express - LGA775 Socket - UDMA133, Serial ATA-300 - Gigabit Eth - $35.00

CPU
Intel core 2 duo e6700 $129.00

i need a good graphics card and do i need any other specific hardware to run latest games or is it a completely stupid selections...

Thanks for now
a c 118 B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2012 6:57:37 AM

I would advise not buying a dual core processor. If you're looking for a processor in that range, you can do much better.

What kind of budget is your limit? The core 2 duo is really not up to the task of running the latest games, even on modern settings, especially considering what I already mentioned about far superior processors available in thatt price range.

Expect to spend around 700 for a competent modern computer from the ground up. I'd be glad to quote you a system if you give me some better information about your budgets and what parts you have (and think can be reused).
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2012 7:41:02 AM

that cpu is over double the price u should be paying for it even brand new. dont touch that with a 10 foot pole get a cheap very basic sandy bridge setup up you can get mobo and cpu for about 150 and it will eat that setup for breakfast. ddr3 ram is half the price of ddr2 ram used with that board. that mobo would be over 5yrs old easy. i wouldnt even try bf3 with that at lowest settings. sorry.
m
l
Related resources
March 9, 2012 9:57:26 AM

dieselshaq said:
Hello,
I am trying to build a budget gaming desktop system. Can you tell me is is an old fashioned system and can it run latest games with moderate settings?
These are my selections for...

Motherboard
Atx - Intel P965 Express - LGA775 Socket - UDMA133, Serial ATA-300 - Gigabit Eth - $35.00

CPU
Intel core 2 duo e6700 $129.00

i need a good graphics card and do i need any other specific hardware to run latest games or is it a completely stupid selections...

Thanks for now

Just get A hd 6550
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2012 12:07:28 PM

If you're in a country where that's all you can get, then sure - it will play nearly all modern games just fine with an HD 6770/7750 or higher.

If you're in civilised parts, then don't waste your money - get a Sandy Bridge i3 and a cheap H61 mobo, and the best graphics card you can afford.
m
l
March 9, 2012 12:21:24 PM

nekulturny said:
I would advise not buying a dual core processor. If you're looking for a processor in that range, you can do much better.

What kind of budget is your limit? The core 2 duo is really not up to the task of running the latest games, even on modern settings, especially considering what I already mentioned about far superior processors available in thatt price range.

Expect to spend around 700 for a competent modern computer from the ground up. I'd be glad to quote you a system if you give me some better information about your budgets and what parts you have (and think can be reused).

I do not have a specific budget my problem is exactly that. I want to spent as less as i can :)  That is why i made that kind of stupid choices :) 

As you can see i have selected the best technology for 5 years ago. I'have used Core 2 Duo's for gaming but ofcourse it was 5 years ago.. And I do not believe in "i" processor series..

I know every budget choices can have downsides but i want to have a solid GPU and good mobo-cpu-ram combo.

I know my answer is not explaining what you have asked.

The closest answer would be "I want to spend as less as i can but i want to play as much games as i can" :) 

Thank you...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2012 12:51:01 PM

dieselshaq said:
And I do not believe in "i" processor series..

What does that even mean? You don't believe that Intel has drastically improved their CPU technology in the last 5 years? Guess what, even the Sandy Bridge Pentiums now beat any Core 2 in gaming.

If you have a problem with the naming of Intel's superior CPU offerings, then get a dual-core Sandy Bridge Pentium. It will game almost as well and cost $100 or less.

To play modern games, get at least 4GB RAM and an HD 7750.
m
l
March 9, 2012 1:10:15 PM

jessterman21 said:
What does that even mean? You don't believe that Intel has drastically improved their CPU technology in the last 5 years? Guess what, even the Sandy Bridge Pentiums now beat any Core 2 in gaming.

If you have a problem with the naming of Intel's superior CPU offerings, then get a dual-core Sandy Bridge Pentium. It will game almost as well and cost $100 or less.

To play modern games, get at least 4GB RAM and an HD 7750.

Thanks for answer
m
l
!