18? 14?

Some database testing going on?
There are a lot of '18's getting added at the end of posts.
And there's been a problem getting some of the database generated pages to load.

edit;

It looks like extra numbers have gone away
and the points shown in the profile and More Information are now again the same.
-> But the right panel Profile/Thread/Message Widget is still stuck
82 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. They're all gone now.
  2. Not really, look again. They are back.
  3. Or they never went away -
    I can't tell if it's intermittent or just happening in some sections and not others.

Here's an example of the 18s being added at the end of each post
    http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/7320/ss591.jpg
  4. I don't know if this is related or not
    but ATM the right panel profile/thread/message notification widget isn't loading the profile data.
  5. Any other instances of this occurring?
  6. im seeing 14
  7. That makes it even more interesting.

8. And they're added to topics from several days ago - this one from the 6th

9. 18 added to almost everything I see!
  10. Look 18!
  11. I opened 18 new and old pages and how many 18's did I see? -->
  12. i just saw it happening today
  13. Yeah same problems as listed the (18) and Widget to access anything is a 'maneuver' at best.

The PITA workaround to access PM's is to click some's Envelope and then click the ' Private messages > '

Seems like a PHP hack, otherwise a really oddball test...
  14. The image is (14) ...
  15. Location or a mirror issue maybe
  16. I also see the "18" on new and old posts.
  17. rolli59 said:
    Location or a mirror issue maybe
    My first thought was US/UK servers but jaquith isn't in the US or the UK - he's in Florida.
  18. I just got this response - "It is an issue with the software, as the right column tab isn't working for those of use not using Chrome. "

However, the TABs also fails in Chrome, Safari, Firefox and Explorer (for me anyway) ...
  19. WR2 said:
    My first thought was US/UK servers but jaquith isn't in the US or the UK - he's in Florida.

Florida is in the USA ;) I use the .COM site ...
  20. It is? When did that change happen.

For me, Chrome, Firefox and IE all have the same missing Profile data. I am getting Thread notifications.
  21. Yeah, I think the TAB issue is for EVERY Browser.

Continental Drift then the lowering of the oceans, or a little while ago and once it was named or maybe millions of years =
  22. I was seeing 14's created a newpost, mod can delete it, didn't link 18's to the problem as i'd not seen any 18's
  23. Posting this on the UK mirror and see 14 after every post! 18 on the .com mirror.
    Definitely location related
  24. I reckon the 14 is on AMD Rigs and Intel has 18 to be better hehe :P
    Moto
  25. Since I cannot 'see' the real coding, I assume the 18 or 14 or whatever isn't really there.

I noted:
    -http://img.tomshardware.com/forum/uk/themes_static/images_forum/18/viderliste.gif ; Folder/Directory 18

-http://m.bestofmedia.com/s/47317/commun/css/forum/18.css" So I assume some Testing is going on.

And the each domain site has a number ->
  26. I think FBI has taken over this forum like they did to some poker sites. Run for your lives!
  27. 18s for one and all!!!

Aside from seeing it all over the forum, does anyone know what is causing the problem?
  28. The Moderator I contacted said a 'software' problem, but it seems more like someone's debugging the site ...
  29. Looks like they need to do a system register restart. :lol:

I cannot access my account toolbox at all. I have messages that need to be attended to.

What is less than 19? Answer:
  30. dogman_1234 said:
    have messages that need to be attended to.

What is less than 19? Answer:

... as above ... The PITA workaround to access PM's is to click some's Envelope and then click the ' Private messages > ' New Messages =
  31. Anonymous strikes again! 18181818181818181818181818181818...
  32. The number of days it's going to take to fix the issue? :lol: A:
  33. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,
  34. My dollar calculator says 1+8=18
  35. Trivial... Something really important is this.....

36. :lol: For 5 minutes, I couldn't figure out what you were talking about. I thought it was just dirt on my screen ... :??:
  37. dogman_1234 said:

I cannot access my account toolbox at all. I have messages that need to be attended to.

Click your own avatar

38. In Australia, sees 18 in Australia server.

Could be an Intel, AMD thing.

I have the best year when I was
  39. There is something going on with the site... As I don't see any 18's but I see them within the PM section only. In speaking with Randomizer, he isn't seeing anything.

Either there is a major debugging going on or an update that has missing code, which is causing the issue!! IMO
  40. I'm not seeing any 18's in this thread, but I am seeing them in other sub forums. Strange issue.
  41. Try logging into the UK mirror and 18 gets replaced by 14!
    Just checked .co.uk 14 every thread .com 18 in every thread!
  42. Same thing here, I not only had 18's, but I had a wierd boot also, instead of my normal boot scree nwith HP logo in the middle and the intel celeron logo on the lower right, I had intel logo on middle, and pentium logo on the right. The boot also by passed a password checkpoint that requires a password and comes before windows starts. Also, after I restarted again an the again after that, windows checked my disk for errors and found a treasure chest ful of corrupted files.

How Annoyed am I by these things? from 1-10, here it is:
  43. PCEthuaist:

If you have a question, post it to the appropriate sub forum. Do not go off topic in a previously created thread.
  44. Is anyone else seeing a points difference between the forum profile page and what the More Information options showing in the forum posts?

45. I can't even get into profile. The little box on the top right corner is useless for me. Won't go anywhere when I click it.
  46. I finished high school when I was
  47. WR2 said:
    Is anyone else seeing a points difference between the forum profile page and what the More Information options showing in the forum posts?

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/686/ss599.jpg

I had the same thing, than the points kicked back dawn and didn't move since, only post counter works.
  48. Strange. Now I see the points under my name are updated, but in the toolbox is no change.
Ask a new question

Read More

Site Bug Reports Database Tom's Hardware