Dual monitors with two 6970s

mcjeeba

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
So I have two 6970s in Crossfire. My main display is a 27" Samsung monitor running in 1920x1080. I recently dug an old monitor out of the closet... A Hannspree 22" which has a max resolution of 1680x1050. I've read elsewhere that this is possible to do... Except, I cant get the second one to detect! I've looked everywhere, and even AMD's website only offers support for 3 or more monitors. What am I doing wrong? I've tried plugging the second monitor's DVI cable into the second DVI port on the primary card, no detection. So then I activated crossfire and plugged it into the first DVI port on the second card. No detection. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

I'm not trying to eyefinity any gaming... I'd just like to have Netflix on the smaller monitor while gaming :p

DM186

Splendid
It should work on the number 2 card with out Crossfiring. I have two Nvidia cards and when I take them off SLI and put a cable from number 2 card to the other monitor and It works. It should work also in Crossfire on either card. Do you have it set up in the bios?

Do you get a singal from number 1 card to the 22" monitor when you just hook them up with out your first monitor? If you don't get a singal it could be something wrong with the monitor.

mcjeeba

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2011
The monitor works fine. I havent done anything in BIOS. The connection are: DVI to DVI on the 27", VGA to DVI on the 22". Any advice on which way this should be hooked up?

wolfej26

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011

When you have crossfire enabled it disables the video outputs on the second card so make sure you are using the first card's video outputs.