Old dell monitor useable with new desktop?

MrBeanO_o

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
I have an old dell monitor thats maybe from around 2005? I am going to get a new computer so i can play games on it like league of legends and stuff. Here are some Pictures of my monitor. Sorry the pictures are upside down, i messed up when uploading them.
2h3zszk.jpg

2cdcpiu.jpg

and here is the computer i am going to get. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Refurbished+Pavilion+Desktop+/+AMD+Athlon%26%23153%3B+II+Processor/3839651.p?id=1218436776016&skuId=3839651

oh and can this computer run most pc games? even like battlefield 3 if i change the graphics card? and will the newer graphics card be able to run on my old monitor?

Btw, its a refurb desktop and it said available online or order in-store. If anyone has ever bought a refurb from best buy can you tell me how to order it in-store?

Thank you for all help, Sorry for all the questions

The refurbushed computer from best buy has intergrated graphics which is no good for playing games and don't even think about BF 3. What you will have to do is get an AMD video card and put it in and you can then combine the card with the intergrated chip to get better graphics. You will have to determine what the budget will be for that card so we can see about finding a match for your computer.
What is the recomended resolution of the monitor? Most likely you will be able to use it since the most important thing is the video card. As far aas ordering the Pc you can use thier store pick up feature where you order it online and select store pickup and the nearest store that has it in stock will have it for you to pick up.