Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I need help! Please!!!

Last response: in CPUs
June 24, 2012 1:36:57 AM

Hello, I have an old clientpro 365 from mpc. I want to upgrade some of its components. I already found a new hard drive and more RAM that are compatible. Now, i was wondering about upgrading the CPU and graphics. (It has integrated graphics). The motherboard is an Intel d915grv model. I was wondering if anyone could tell me about some CPUs and graphics cards that would be compatible with the motherboard because i know nothing about that model motherboard. Thanks for your time :D 

More about : question

Best solution

June 24, 2012 2:44:43 AM

If you want to play any games you NEED a new graphics card, for budget I'd recommend the radeon hd 6850 as its the most value. Its expensive but well worth it at £90 / ~$130

I just googled your "clientpro 365" which is very out dated by the way.

You need a whole new system mate. No point in upgrading from your current pc.
June 24, 2012 7:58:41 PM

deathrune said:
If you want to play any games you NEED a new graphics card, for budget I'd recommend the radeon hd 6850 as its the most value. Its expensive but well worth it at £90 / ~$130

I just googled your "clientpro 365" which is very out dated by the way.

You need a whole new system mate. No point in upgrading from your current pc.

Thanks for the advice. I know I need a new graphics card, and badly. I'll check out the Radeon HD 6850 and see how it is. I am planning on buying a new PC at the end of the Summer, because I've been saving money for awhile. This is just to tie me over for a couple months and will go to my younger cousin after. Their family isn't doing so good right now so anything is good for them. Also. Are you sure the Radeon is going to be compatible with the motherboard? Any ideas about a processor? I tried to research the motherboard but had no luck finding any component that were compatible.
m
l
Related resources
June 27, 2012 10:21:22 PM

Best answer selected by computernerd34.
m
l
June 29, 2012 3:00:56 AM

Oh, well what I would do is buy the radeon 6850 and then maybe buy ddr ram for it, though this old ram is hard to find and you can't buy new dimms of it, the motherboard doesnt support any new cpu's for it so you cant really change the cpu.

I would look out for value systems through the forums or online though a build like this would be good.

mtherboard: ASRock 960-GS3 FX
cpu: fx-4100
4gb ddr3
powercool 650 80+ psu

or something
m
l
!