Sprint to Att Port: Can't receive PCS calls now...

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

Anyone else had this problem when porting from Sprint to ATT? I now have an
ATT phone and I can make calls to everyone and receive calls from everyone
BUT SprintPCS customers. The message I get is that "the PCS number you
dialed is no longer in service..." Both are finger pointing. Anyone had
this problem and worked out a resolution? The last thing I want to do is
get rid of my number and replace it.

Thanks.

Tony
6 answers Last reply
More about sprint port receive calls
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

    In article <rrChc.88$47.65@fe01.usenetserver.com>,
    "TJ" <tonyjo_ms.takeout@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Anyone else had this problem when porting from Sprint to ATT? I now have an
    > ATT phone and I can make calls to everyone and receive calls from everyone
    > BUT SprintPCS customers. The message I get is that "the PCS number you
    > dialed is no longer in service..." Both are finger pointing. Anyone had
    > this problem and worked out a resolution? The last thing I want to do is
    > get rid of my number and replace it.

    Just keep calling and asking for escalation. You did give AT&TWS a copy
    of your last SprintPCS bill? A small error in your address can mess
    things up

    The man in charge of Porting at SprintPCS is:

    Scott Lane 913-762-7449

    at AT&T try contacting:

    matt.pruzan@attws.com A Supervisor in their Executive Services

    and in any case file a complaint with the FCC
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

    >I now have an
    >ATT phone and I can make calls to everyone and receive calls from everyone
    >BUT SprintPCS customers. The message I get is that "the PCS number you
    >dialed is no longer in service..."

    The Sprint PCS number IS no longer in service. It was stolen by you and ported
    to AT&T.

    This indicates a problem in the porting process and is both companies fault.
    They need to work together to get the switches routing fixed so that not only
    the rest of the world but SPring PCS customers are routed correctly to you
    using the stolen number.

    --
    John S.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

    Shame on me! AT&T is blaming Sprint for my wrong doing now....

    Thanks, John!

    TJ

    "John S." <sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree> wrote in message
    > >I now have an
    > >ATT phone and I can make calls to everyone and receive calls from
    everyone
    > >BUT SprintPCS customers. The message I get is that "the PCS number you
    > >dialed is no longer in service..."
    >
    > The Sprint PCS number IS no longer in service. It was stolen by you and
    ported
    > to AT&T.
    >
    > This indicates a problem in the porting process and is both companies
    fault.
    > They need to work together to get the switches routing fixed so that not
    only
    > the rest of the world but SPring PCS customers are routed correctly to you
    > using the stolen number.
    >
    > --
    > John S.
    > e-mail responses to - john at kiana dot net
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

    "TJ" <tonyjo_ms.takeout@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<YxXhc.21266$Y6.17812@fe09.usenetserver.com>...
    > Shame on me! AT&T is blaming Sprint for my wrong doing now....
    >
    > Thanks, John!
    >
    > TJ

    Unfortunately, when it comes to porting, both companies point the
    finger at each other.

    The FCC set up this regulation stating everyone had to do it, but then
    also said "We don't care how you do it, just do it" so there is no
    enforcement on HOW the numbers get ported. No 3rd party to monitor
    them (which would have made porting a lot smoother) etc..
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

    "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-D3DD60.17291121042004@news05.east.earthlink.net>...
    > In article <rrChc.88$47.65@fe01.usenetserver.com>,
    > "TJ" <tonyjo_ms.takeout@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Anyone else had this problem when porting from Sprint to ATT? I now have an
    > > ATT phone and I can make calls to everyone and receive calls from everyone
    > > BUT SprintPCS customers. The message I get is that "the PCS number you
    > > dialed is no longer in service..." Both are finger pointing. Anyone had
    > > this problem and worked out a resolution? The last thing I want to do is
    > > get rid of my number and replace it.
    >
    > Just keep calling and asking for escalation. You did give AT&TWS a copy
    > of your last SprintPCS bill? A small error in your address can mess
    > things up
    >
    > The man in charge of Porting at SprintPCS is:
    >
    > Scott Lane 913-762-7449
    >

    > at AT&T try contacting:
    >
    > matt.pruzan@attws.com A Supervisor in their Executive Services
    >
    > and in any case file a complaint with the FCC

    This is just a thought - most telcom recording have a tag line at the
    end of the recording which can be used to identifly the carrier. It
    would be my guess that since it is SPCS callers that are getting the
    recording you described, then it would be SPCS that may not have
    updated its routing to reflect the port out.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

    "TechGeek" <pcsguy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > "TJ" <tonyjo_ms.takeout@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Shame on me! AT&T is blaming Sprint for my wrong doing now....
    > >
    > > Thanks, John!
    > >
    > > TJ
    > >

    > Unfortunately, when it comes to porting, both companies point the
    > finger at each other.
    >
    > The FCC set up this regulation stating everyone had to do it, but then
    > also said "We don't care how you do it, just do it" so there is no
    > enforcement on HOW the numbers get ported. No 3rd party to monitor
    > them (which would have made porting a lot smoother) etc..

    telcos are BIG boys, they dont need someone else monitoring them

At&T PCS