Sprint to Att Port: Can't receive PCS calls now...

Tags:
Last response: in Technologies
Share
April 21, 2004 10:18:57 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

Anyone else had this problem when porting from Sprint to ATT? I now have an
ATT phone and I can make calls to everyone and receive calls from everyone
BUT SprintPCS customers. The message I get is that "the PCS number you
dialed is no longer in service..." Both are finger pointing. Anyone had
this problem and worked out a resolution? The last thing I want to do is
get rid of my number and replace it.

Thanks.

Tony
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 2:29:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

In article <rrChc.88$47.65@fe01.usenetserver.com>,
"TJ" <tonyjo_ms.takeout@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone else had this problem when porting from Sprint to ATT? I now have an
> ATT phone and I can make calls to everyone and receive calls from everyone
> BUT SprintPCS customers. The message I get is that "the PCS number you
> dialed is no longer in service..." Both are finger pointing. Anyone had
> this problem and worked out a resolution? The last thing I want to do is
> get rid of my number and replace it.

Just keep calling and asking for escalation. You did give AT&TWS a copy
of your last SprintPCS bill? A small error in your address can mess
things up

The man in charge of Porting at SprintPCS is:

Scott Lane 913-762-7449

at AT&T try contacting:

matt.pruzan@attws.com A Supervisor in their Executive Services

and in any case file a complaint with the FCC
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 4:52:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

>I now have an
>ATT phone and I can make calls to everyone and receive calls from everyone
>BUT SprintPCS customers. The message I get is that "the PCS number you
>dialed is no longer in service..."

The Sprint PCS number IS no longer in service. It was stolen by you and ported
to AT&T.

This indicates a problem in the porting process and is both companies fault.
They need to work together to get the switches routing fixed so that not only
the rest of the world but SPring PCS customers are routed correctly to you
using the stolen number.

--
John S.
April 22, 2004 10:19:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.tech (More info?)

Shame on me! AT&T is blaming Sprint for my wrong doing now....

Thanks, John!

TJ

"John S." <sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree> wrote in message
> >I now have an
> >ATT phone and I can make calls to everyone and receive calls from
everyone
> >BUT SprintPCS customers. The message I get is that "the PCS number you
> >dialed is no longer in service..."
>
> The Sprint PCS number IS no longer in service. It was stolen by you and
ported
> to AT&T.
>
> This indicates a problem in the porting process and is both companies
fault.
> They need to work together to get the switches routing fixed so that not
only
> the rest of the world but SPring PCS customers are routed correctly to you
> using the stolen number.
>
> --
> John S.
> e-mail responses to - john at kiana dot net
April 22, 2004 11:48:14 PM

"TJ" <tonyjo_ms.takeout@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<YxXhc.21266$Y6.17812@fe09.usenetserver.com>...
> Shame on me! AT&T is blaming Sprint for my wrong doing now....
>
> Thanks, John!
>
> TJ

Unfortunately, when it comes to porting, both companies point the
finger at each other.

The FCC set up this regulation stating everyone had to do it, but then
also said "We don't care how you do it, just do it" so there is no
enforcement on HOW the numbers get ported. No 3rd party to monitor
them (which would have made porting a lot smoother) etc..
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 4:22:11 AM

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-D3DD60.17291121042004@news05.east.earthlink.net>...
> In article <rrChc.88$47.65@fe01.usenetserver.com>,
> "TJ" <tonyjo_ms.takeout@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone else had this problem when porting from Sprint to ATT? I now have an
> > ATT phone and I can make calls to everyone and receive calls from everyone
> > BUT SprintPCS customers. The message I get is that "the PCS number you
> > dialed is no longer in service..." Both are finger pointing. Anyone had
> > this problem and worked out a resolution? The last thing I want to do is
> > get rid of my number and replace it.
>
> Just keep calling and asking for escalation. You did give AT&TWS a copy
> of your last SprintPCS bill? A small error in your address can mess
> things up
>
> The man in charge of Porting at SprintPCS is:
>
> Scott Lane 913-762-7449
>

> at AT&T try contacting:
>
> matt.pruzan@attws.com A Supervisor in their Executive Services
>
> and in any case file a complaint with the FCC

This is just a thought - most telcom recording have a tag line at the
end of the recording which can be used to identifly the carrier. It
would be my guess that since it is SPCS callers that are getting the
recording you described, then it would be SPCS that may not have
updated its routing to reflect the port out.
June 5, 2004 9:26:16 AM

"TechGeek" <pcsguy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> "TJ" <tonyjo_ms.takeout@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Shame on me! AT&T is blaming Sprint for my wrong doing now....
> >
> > Thanks, John!
> >
> > TJ
> >

> Unfortunately, when it comes to porting, both companies point the
> finger at each other.
>
> The FCC set up this regulation stating everyone had to do it, but then
> also said "We don't care how you do it, just do it" so there is no
> enforcement on HOW the numbers get ported. No 3rd party to monitor
> them (which would have made porting a lot smoother) etc..

telcos are BIG boys, they dont need someone else monitoring them
!