Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Proshow Gold Slide Show

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
June 5, 2005 4:30:20 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I have just purchased and whilst happy with picture quality the colour
on the TV is not representative of the picture on my PC. I recently
photographed a wedding for a friend and the bridesmaid dresses were
fuchia pink on the PC and in real life however on the TV using Proshow
Gold are bright orange/red.

I have used the various adjustment options e.g Hue Auto Colour etc but
not able to get anywhere near true colours

Can anyone help. Thank you
June 5, 2005 5:58:52 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Thank you for the advice.

Sorry to ask but what is the Video Essentials DVD and where can I
obtain a copy?

Does it sound like the colour issue is to do with the TV? The reason I
ask is that when I used the Pictures To EXE software the colours on the
PC and TV were the same however I experienced a significant reduction
in quality compared to Pro show Gold.
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 8:37:09 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On 5 Jun 2005 12:30:20 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "tricky"
<info@lifecoach.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>I have just purchased and whilst happy with picture quality the colour
>on the TV is not representative of the picture on my PC. I recently
>photographed a wedding for a friend and the bridesmaid dresses were
>fuchia pink on the PC and in real life however on the TV using Proshow
>Gold are bright orange/red.
>
>I have used the various adjustment options e.g Hue Auto Colour etc but
>not able to get anywhere near true colours
>
>Can anyone help. Thank you

Get a copy of the Video Essentials DVD to help properly adjust your TV.
This assumes your monitor is calibrated as well. Otherwise use something
like the ColorVision Spyder.
----------
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 (Usenet@EdwardG.Ruf.com)
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index...
Related resources
Anonymous
June 5, 2005 9:58:21 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On 5 Jun 2005 13:58:52 -0700, in rec.photo.digital "tricky"
<info@lifecoach.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Thank you for the advice.
>
>Sorry to ask but what is the Video Essentials DVD and where can I
>obtain a copy?

It's a DVD that is used to set up the black level, brightness, contrast and
color on TVs for those who care to. Usually used to set up home theater
systems.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/630507327...

>Does it sound like the colour issue is to do with the TV? The reason I
>ask is that when I used the Pictures To EXE software the colours on the
>PC and TV were the same however I experienced a significant reduction
>in quality compared to Pro show Gold.

Why didn't you say that in the original post? What does the disc look like
when it is played back in the PC? Isolate the problem to either the disc as
made or the display.
----------
Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 (Usenet@EdwardG.Ruf.com)
See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/General/index...
June 6, 2005 5:13:08 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

tricky wrote:
> I have just purchased and whilst happy with picture quality the colour
> on the TV is not representative of the picture on my PC. I recently
> photographed a wedding for a friend and the bridesmaid dresses were
> fuchia pink on the PC and in real life however on the TV using Proshow
> Gold are bright orange/red.
>
> I have used the various adjustment options e.g Hue Auto Colour etc but
> not able to get anywhere near true colours
>
> Can anyone help. Thank you
>
it is easy to see how poorly TV sets represent colors. Just go to a salesroom with a bank
of TVs, all shoing the same scene.

When I make a slide show, the best I hope for is that I can see colors accurately on my
monitor. I have no control over other's monitors or TVs.
!