Closed Solved

$700 Build for Gaming

Hello, thanks for viewing. :D New build for a friend here.

Approximate Purchase Date: 2 weeks

Budget Range: $700 AUD Before / After Rebates

System Usage from Most to Least Important: Gaming, surfing the net

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers,

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: I will be buying from a local store since I live in Australia. Prices will be the same as Newegg and such.

Country: Australia

Parts Preferences: Intel CPU, ASUS motherboard

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Monitor Resolution:1440x900, soon to be 1920x1080

Additional Comments: Quiet and simple looking. He would like to max out Skyrim at 1440x900. Needs to be as future proof as possible (Quad core), will be upgrading monitor soon. Should I wait for Ivy? Prices keep changing :??:
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about build gaming
  1. Parts from MSY
    http://www.msy.com.au/

    Asus P8P67-LE-V3 -93
    i3-2120 -126
    8GB G.skill Sniper -51

    500GB WD -82
    DVD drive -15


    Corsair CX600V2 PSU -89
    Coolermaster RC371 Case - 43

    64-bit win 7 -93

    Powercolor 6770 -95

    Total: $687
  2. Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention it needs to be micro ATX. Case and motherboard suggestions?
  3. buy from
    pccasegear.com.au
  4. Thanks for your reply Outlander. However, I am buying my stuff from a particular store because they are a good friend of mine which means even more discounts. :D
  5. shadow_city said:
    Thanks for your reply Outlander. However, I am buying my stuff from a particular store because they are a good friend of mine which means even more discounts. :D


    Be kind of hard for someone to post a 700 dollar build if you can get 1,000 dollars worth of parts for 700 dollars.
  6. macten said:
    Be kind of hard for someone to post a 700 dollar build if you can get 1,000 dollars worth of parts for 700 dollars.


    I wish I could get $1000 worth of stuff for $700.

    Something on pccasegear.com.au for 750-800 I will be able to get for $700
  7. shadow_city said:
    I wish I could get $1000 worth of stuff for $700.

    Something on pccasegear.com.au for 750-800 I will be able to get for $700


    Lol, I wasn't sure what you meant by "even more discounts". :)
  8. Best answer
  9. Best answer selected by shadow_city.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems