Boot turns off then boots and runs perfect.

mikeshepherd

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
I just recently built a computer (first build! had a blast) and everything seemed to install fine, windows 7 and all my drivers but when i push the power button to turn it on it will start up (all LEDS light up, fans start up, NO beep tho) but only for about 3-5 seconds then it turns off then starts again and does the post beep and then runs perfect.

my specs are

Mobo - Asus P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 LGA 1155 Z68 ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU - Intel i5 2500k
Ram - 8gb of corsair vengance
Power Supply - 1050w thermaltake tough power modular
Graphics card - nvidia 570 gtx

i am overclocking it with Asus's built in TurboV evo overclocking software to 4.7ghz. it only runs at 25 degrees C and 40 degrees under a load. so its not hot...

If there is anything i forgot let me know. the computer runs find after booting but it just seems weird.

any advice is welcome.

jjack339

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
good rig. similar to mine exept I went with 6950 x2 and a P8P67 PRO

Ok, I dont know what your issue is per se, but with my ASUS I had to reset the bios once because it went to sleep and would not wake from it. Sound like a Mobo glitch.

Does it do that when you reset, or just a cold power on?

mikeshepherd

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Just from a cold power on. resets just fine. it also did what you described with the sleep thing as well. it went to sleep once and i couldnt wake it.

i made sure that i was booting from my hard drive first and not my CD drive because i thought that was possibly the issue. i'm going to do some more tinkering with it tonight to try and figure it out. i don't believe its faulty hardware just something i messed up somewhere because once it does its final boot, the system runs like a dream! :wahoo: