Sign in with
Your question

ACER 6920G -> 3 monitors (laptop,VGA,HDMI)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 6, 2012 11:06:15 AM

Hello,
Is there a way to display 3 monitors at the same time on one laptop.
I have connected one external monitor to VGA and one to HDMI.
I can use every combination of two of them at the same time but when I want to choose 3 at the same time there is an error:

"This video card can work with the number of monitors:2"

Is there a driver or software to send data to VGA port like extension of screen?

I have ACER 6920G with GeForce 9500S.
a b U Graphics card
January 6, 2012 12:16:06 PM

Most highend video cards don't have enough power to output to 3 monitors at the same time. For example, my radeon hd 6970 can do 2 monitors but when i try a third I get a windows display error. On the other hand, my 6990 can do 3 monitors but we are now talking about a $700 video card. I would save the headache and stick with 2. BTW, I have an acer 5935G that has a geforce gt120m and it can only do 2 displays at the same time.
January 10, 2012 9:21:15 AM

I figured out my problem and the easiest way to do what I want is to buy an USB Display adapter with DVI to to VGA plug.
I bought one for about 50$ and now I have only one laptop ACER 6920G with video card GF 9500S wich support 2 displays and the third connected to the adapter.

I bought something like that:

And it looks like that now:

I hope someone finds it helpful.
a b U Graphics card
January 10, 2012 9:35:58 AM

Glad it worked out. Wasn't thinking of using an external device but that will certainly do it.
!