2 monitors and 2 graphics cards

Pereragary

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Hello guys just looking for some advise I've currently got a gaming with sli graphics and 2 monitors connected via hdmi.
My question is what's the best way to connect the monitors should I have both connected to the same card or should I put one on each card?

My graphics cards are gtx 550ti and monitors are 22" wide screens running at 1080p

Many thanks in advance

Pereragary

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I currently have my monitors connected one on each card working fine I just wondered if there is any effect on performance when connecting both to one card?

4745454b

Titan
alrobichaud, they changed how SLI works so they can enable "eyefinity" for their cards. I do know you need to use the same type of connector, meaning you can't use 2 DVI and one VGA. (need to be all analog or all digital.) DMI is still a digital connection so you should be able to use two DMIs just fine.

OP, do your 550TIs have more then one DMI? Most I've seen is two DVI along with some other connector. If you have both the screens working and SLI enabled I'd just leave it alone. Don't go messing with what works.

4745454b

Titan
Yes, I've linked that page before myself.

The OP says its working so I'm sure the page is wrong/incomplete. He's not even talking about 3D surround or even 2D surround. Just two screens. As I told him, if its working just leave it alone.

Pereragary

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Many thanks guys for all the replys As its working I'll leave it alone :) btw my cards have 1 x VGA 1 x dvi 1 x hdmi thanks again

alrobichaud

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2011

Agreed. If it works don't mess with it. Though, I am still wondering why Nvidia has not updated their sli setup faq on the website if you are able to use the output of both cards for 2 monitors when in sli.

blacksci

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
Its there, i dont remember where i read it, might be in the hardware requirements for 3d surround, but i have read it before, and then considered getting 3x570's so each monitor had a card of its own, lol.