Unfounded Web Pages

Everytime I enter a wrong web page addy or one that is not foud, I am
redirected to http://nav.startnow.com/?q=www.(wrong-addy-here).com&e=as
and the page is something of a search result for the words entered. How to I
set the system to navigate to something like google.com or yahoo.com if I
enter a wrong addy?

More about unfounded pages

    Hi

    Please try these programs to check for any spyware that may be on your
    system:

    Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
    CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
    Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com

    Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

    Also see the following links:

    http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "slownut" <NYOB@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Everytime I enter a wrong web page addy or one that is not foud, I am
    > redirected to http://nav.startnow.com/?q=www.(wrong-addy-here).com&e=as
    > and the page is something of a search result for the words entered. How to
    > I set the system to navigate to something like google.com or yahoo.com if
    > I enter a wrong addy?

    i have spysweeper and it still happens, has happened on this pc from day one

    > Hi
    >
    > Please try these programs to check for any spyware that may be on your
    > system:
    >
    > Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    > Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
    > CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
    > Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com
    >
    > Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

    > Also see the following links:
    >
    > http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    > http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    > http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "slownut" <NYOB@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Everytime I enter a wrong web page addy or one that is not foud, I am
    >> redirected to http://nav.startnow.com/?q=www.(wrong-addy-here).com&e=as
    >> and the page is something of a search result for the words entered. How
    >> to I set the system to navigate to something like google.com or yahoo.com
    >> if I enter a wrong addy?

    Try at least one more of the applications listed.
    Do not rely on only one.
    Also be sure to try CWShredder as Will suggested.

    Look in Add/Remove Programs for an entry that may apply.
    If you find it, uninstall it.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    >i have spysweeper and it still happens, has happened on this pc from
    >day one

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Please try these programs to check for any spyware that may be on
    >> your system:
    >>
    >> Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    >> Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
    >> CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
    >> Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com
    >>
    >> Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:
    >>
    >> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
    >>
    >> Also see the following links:
    >>
    >> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "slownut" <NYOB@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Everytime I enter a wrong web page addy or one that is not foud, I
    >>> am redirected to
    >>> http://nav.startnow.com/?q=www.(wrong-addy-here).com&e=as and the
    >>> page is something of a search result for the words entered. How to
    >>> I set the system to navigate to something like google.com or
    >>> yahoo.com if I enter a wrong addy?

    Hi

    Have you tried CWShredder - that seems to get rid of a lot of Browser
    problems.

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "slownut" <NYOB@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >i have spysweeper and it still happens, has happened on this pc from day
    >one

    >> Hi
    >>
    >> Please try these programs to check for any spyware that may be on your
    >> system:
    >>
    >> Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    >> Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
    >> CWShredder - http://forum.aumha.org/downloads/cwshredder.zip
    >> Spy Sweeper - www.webroot.com
    >>
    >> Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:
    >>
    >> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
    >>
    >> Also see the following links:
    >>
    >> http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Will Denny
    >> MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >> Please reply to the News Groups
    >>

    >> "slownut" <NYOB@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Everytime I enter a wrong web page addy or one that is not foud, I am
    >>> redirected to http://nav.startnow.com/?q=www.(wrong-addy-here).com&e=as
    >>> and the page is something of a search result for the words entered. How
    >>> to I set the system to navigate to something like google.com or
    >>> yahoo.com if I enter a wrong addy?

    have you tried:
    IE Tools, Internet options, Programs tab, Reset Web Settings... button?

    george